The International Potato Center (CIP) in cooperation with Aid Data is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Research Field Associate Scientist to monitor an impact evaluation in Northern Ghana analyzing the impact of sweet potato Triple S technology informational treatments on farmers.p
FAQs: “International Potato Center (cip), International Potato Center (cip) Kenya Contacts, International Potato Center Salaries, International Potato Center Jobs, Cip Potato Jobs, Potato Corner International Branches, Vi International Roaming Plans Postpaid“
Table of Contents
International Potato Center (CIP) Programme Advert
- Location: Ghana
- Company: International Potato Center (CIP)
- Closing Date : 21 March 2023
About the role
• This position will be hosted by the International Water Management Institute in Ghana, on behalf of the International Potato Center. The selected candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana during the baseline data collection, initial program roll-out, and endline data collection. The Research Field Associate Scientist will report to the Project and Marketing Manager, Country Liaison and will work closely with academic
researchers and other field staff.
• Tracking program status and randomization compliance during initial roll-out, and spot-checking randomization compliance during the project.
• Overseeing the training of data collection team.
• Monitoring and assisting staff working on the project.
• Assisting in the designing of the survey questionnaires.
• Conducting basic qualitative research if necessary.
• Running pilot exercises.
• Helping in refining study design and surveying instruments.
• Negotiating contracts with survey firms where necessary.
• Checking collected data during the data collection and after.
• Conducting statistical analysis of the data.
• Providing context and background on evaluation results as necessary.
• Assisting in the writing of project reports.
• Providing frequent written updates on status of project and evaluation.
• Coordinating with local partners running the program being evaluated.
• Supporting outreach to policymakers in country.
Qualification Required & Experience
• PhD’s studies in economics, social sciences, public policy, rural development, or related fields.
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience with at least 2–4 years of prior work in evaluations and household surveys in developing countries.
• Training in development economics, social sciences, and related fields and Randomized Evaluations.
• Experience living and conducting field research in Northern Ghana.
• Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
• The ability to present positions and to negotiate with senior officials.
• Fluency and excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English
• Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player
• Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
• Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
• Advanced Microsoft office skills and experience using and collaborating on Google Drive
• Experience with basic data analysis
• Good scientific writing skills with evidence of publication
• Familiarity with one or more main languages spoken in Northern Ghana preferred (especially Dagbani, Mampruli, Gonja, Likpakpa and Chekusi).
• Knowledge of Stata, SAS, or other data analysis software.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP’s mission contributes to several Sustainable Development Goals.
• CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
• Excellent working environment.
• Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
• Fixed term contract of almost 2 years with possibility of renewal.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
Condition: Any offer made in regard to this vacancy is conditional to the formal award of the grant.