Student Email at the Rhodes University (RU) – Student Email is given to all students upon admission to the RU. If you access your University of Pretoria email, below are the basic tips to help you through.
“FAQs: What type of email is a student email? How Do I Access My Student Email After Resetting Password? How do I change my email? How do I reset my student email password? What do I do if I forgot my student portal password? How do I retrieve my password? How can I reset my password? How do I change my email and password?”
Table of Contents
Rhodes University Student Email
Configure Gmail via Rhodes
- Start by opening the Google Webmail login page, and enter your login details.
- Click on settings in the top right hand corner of the screen. This should open your Gmail settings page.
- From the tabs at the top of the settings page, select the tab “Accounts and Import”.
- In the section “Send mail as:”, click on the button “Send mail from another address”.
This should pop-up a window, as shown below:
- Enter your name, and your Rhodes University email address (i.e. g09X0000@campus.ru.ac.za) into the relevant fields.
- Make sure “Treat as an alias” is ticked
- Click on the “Next Step” button.
The window should now appear as below:
- Select the option “Send through campus.ru.ac.za SMTP server”.
- Then enter under SMTP server “mail.ru.ac.za”
- Make sure port 587 is selected.
- And enter your Rhodes University username and password that you use to login to the Rhodes University webmail into the username and password fields.
- Check the “Secured connection using TLS” radio box
- Click on the “Add Account” button.
- Google may send you a verification email. If they do this, paste the verification number into the provided box to complete adding your account.
Now when you compose a new mail, there will be a drop down box where the from field is. This drop down box will contain both your Gmail address and Rhodes University address, and if you select your Rhodes address it will appear as if the mail is coming directly from the Rhodes University servers and not via Gmail.
If you are having any difficulties on educational matters, drop a comment for us using the comment box below and we will get back to you within 24hrs – 48hrs. For deeper enquiries, please direct your questions to the contact info below.
PO Box 94
Eastern Cape, South Africa
+27 46 603 8111
If you are interested in fashion and beauty tips, Click here to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.