United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
FAQs: “United Bank for Africa Locations, Uba Account, United Bank of Africa Email Address, Uba Bank Lagos, Uba Bank Customer Care Whatsapp Number, When Was Uba Bank Established in Nigeria, History of Uba Bank, How Many Branches Does Uba Have in Nigeria“
Table of Contents
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Kenya Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: United Bank for Africa (UBA) Kenya
- Closing Date : 20 February. 2023
Build a strong audit and compliance environment and ensure zero-level fraud, improve value for money, and provide compliance, advisory and decision support services to the audit function in the country.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in the formulation, design and revision of the Bank’s corporate audit strategy.
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control audit activities of the country office.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to Policy/Procedure/Regulatory Compliance.
- Create and improve homogenous Compliance Culture in respect of Audit issues
- Build a strong KYC-compliant environment in all products/activities.
- Continuous improvement in the Bank’s independent Control Standards and techniques.
- Review of the integrity and reliability of all transactions as reflected in GL accounts.
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant reports as may be required by the Country Head of Audit.
- Conduct prompt investigation of frauds, disciplinary issues, whistle-blowing cases and other irregularities that come to the knowledge of the unit.
- Ensure proper institution of Controls in all products and services given in the Bank.
- Ensure prompt follow-up of open audit exceptions.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Country Head, Audit.
Key Performance Indicators
- 100% achievement of the audit plan.
- Timeliness presenting audit reports [3 days after the exit meeting for full audits; 2 days for spot checks].
- Zero tolerance for low-quality audit reports [Number of audit-related issues detected by regulators and external auditors, but not initially identified by Audit]
- Regularization of Regulators/External Auditors/Group Audit exceptions
- Compliance with prompt reporting, escalation, and monitoring of critical business issues through weekly and monthly audit and control dashboards
- Zero tolerance for income loss.
- Zero tolerance for fraud.
- First degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Banking & Finance or related discipline.
- Masters and/or Professional qualification in accounting e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA(K).
- Minimum of two (2) years cognate experience
Key Competency Requirements
- Core Business Processes
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Regulatory compliance
- Industry Knowledge
- Banking Operations
- Internal Control/Audit
- Product/Service Knowledge
- Business Risk Management
- Credit Analysis
- Accounting and Tax
- Facilitation/Knowledge Sharing
- Professionalism/Interpersonal Relationship
- Career Development Conscious
- Systemic thinking/Innovation
- Good Communication
- Time Management/ Prioritization