MMEG Bursary Programme 2021 – MMEG Career, MMEG Forms, MMEG Training Programme, MMEG Opportunities 2021…
MMEG Bursary Programme 2021
“The bursary is named after its founder, which is the Margaret McNamara Education Grant or MMEG. It is a non-profit organization and works in the public charity space. Established in 1981, it aims to support women in developing countries and empower them with education. Through this, the organization hopes to bring down gender inequality that’s seen in many countries. The organization is influenced by the works of Margaret McNamara. She was the wife of Robert McNamara, who served as the fifth president of World Bank.”
- 19th September 2021
- South Africa
- Must be a South African citizen. Citizens of other countries are also eligible, depending on the eligibility list.
- In case you’re a foreigner, you must have a study permit to study in South Africa.
- Must be a woman.
- Must be over 25 years of age at the time of applying.
- Must have enrolled at one of these universities: the University of Cape Town, University of Witwatersrand, University of Free State (UFS), University of Pretoria, University of Stellenbosch.
- Must be studying towards a Certificate, Undergrad, Grad, Post-grad degree.
- Must have enrolled, either full-time or part-time. If part-time, it should be at least two courses per semester.
- You must fully enrol after receiving the bursary amount.
- Furthermore, you must enrol for the next academic year, i.e., January to July 2022.
- Shouldn’t be related to any IMF, World Bank Group, or Inter-American Development Bank employee.
- For the 2021 session, must be born before 15 September 1996.
HOW TO APPLY
The first step is to access and fill out the online application form.
- ID documents
- Passport and study permit, for foreigners
- Second passport page for dual citizenship holders
- Proof of registration at one of the five universities
- Updated academic records
- A brief letter describing the personal story, future plans, and motivation
- A paragraph in the letter demonstrating financial needs
- A brief summary of the thesis
- Two reference letters