The management of the Port Elizabeth TVET College has released the Application Requirement/Admission Requirement for the Student of the institution.
“Port Elizabeth TVET College Application Requirement. www.pecollege.edu.za Application Requirement, Port Elizabeth TVET College Registration Requirement, Admission Requirement available below.”
Table of Contents
Port Elizabeth TVET College Admission Requirement / Application Requirement
Information Communication and Technology (ICT)
- Mathematics is compulsory.
- Learners who do not have Mathematics at school will not be considered.
- Mathematics is compulsory.
- Learners, who had Mathematical Literacy at school and achieved an 80% result, will be considered.
- Students with Grade 12 (passed or failed), or equivalent are the preferred applicants.
- Where students have passed Grade 9, Grade 10, and Grade 11 they may be considered subject to the results of a competency test.
- In Engineering, students who do not pass the competency test will be referred to the extended programme.
Safety in Society
- No criminal record
- Not younger than 17 years
- South African Citizen
- No visible tattoos
Being noted that the minimum requirement proposed by the Department of Higher Education for admission in Grade 11.
The Admission Requirements for Other Learners (non-Nc (v))
- Vertical (Upward movement) articulation requirements must be met on the NQF structure
- Qualification specific requirements must be met e.g. SETA requirements
All Students Will Be Required to Submit the Following
- A certificate of Good Conduct, from their previous institutions of learning or place of work
- A certified copy of the last school report original must be presented on the application
- 8 certified copies of ID (where a student is 16 years or older) original must be presented on the application
NOTE: Parents or guardians must accompany the applicant in order to verify the correctness of personal details being given, in the case where students are a minor or where the parent or guardian is providing the financial support. Students will be selected according to their potential ability based on their highest qualifications and other relevant factors) to successfully complete the course. The College Council reserves the right to determine this potential.
Students Who Transfer from Another Fet College Must Submit the Following
Reason for transfer
- A letter to confirm that they have been de-registered at the previous institution
- A Certified copy of Identity Document
- A report of their academic history on a College letterhead, including Internal Continuous Assessment (ICASS) and Integrated Summative Assessment (ISAT) results
- The student’s Portfolios of Evidence for all subjects from the previous institution, if transferring during an academic year
- A Certificate of Good Conduct, from their previous institution of learning
Competency Tests – NCV
- The purpose of the competency test is to ensure that the student is placed in a programme best suited to his/her ability. A competency test must be completed by the student to determine his/her proficiency in English as it is the medium of instruction in the College. Competency tests are prescribed by the National Department of Education and Training as a requirement for admission and it is imperative that these be conducted in the best interests of students and the College.
Competency Tests Are Also Completed in The Following Subjects
- Mathematical Literacy
- Vocational subjects, in specialized fields
Students who are not successful in the competency test will be directed towards other study options.
Entry to Examination
NC (V) Candidates Must Meet the Following Sub-Minimums per Subject for Admission to The Supplementary Examinations:
- Vocational subjects: 45-49%
- Life Orientation and English First Additional Language: 35-39%
- Mathematics/Mathematical Literacy: 25-29%
- Candidates who do not meet the above sub-minimums for entry to the supplementary examinations or fail any of their subjects in the supplementary examinations will have to repeat the subject on the particular level in the next academic year.
Achievement of Icass Sub-Minimum for Entry to Written Examination
- The NC(V) policy requirement of achieving at least 50% in the internal assessment (i.e. ICASS) and the external assessment (ISAT and written examination) components respectively in the vocational subjects will be strictly enforced in the resulting and certification process.
- The implication of this is that a candidate who has not attempted ICASS tasks at all or who has failed this internal assessment component by achieving less than 50% will not be allowed to write the examination. The sub-minimum for ICASS for Life Orientation and the First Additional Language is 40% and for Mathematics and Mathematical Literacy is 30%. To qualify for exam entry outstanding fees must be settled in full, or arrangements made in advance, before a student may sit for his/her examination.
Therefore, the Port Elizabeth TVET College Application Date has been published online and can be accessed through the school website provided below.
- Port Elizabeth TVET College General Requirement Portal – http://www.pecollege.edu.za/admission-requirements/
From the Link above, you can access the Port Elizabeth TVET College, Port Elizabeth TVET College Admission Requirement – www.pecollege.edu.za Application Requirement.
If there should be any difficulty, please do well by dropping a comment below and we will give you a positive reply.