SEIFSA Bursary Programme 2021 – SEIFSA Career, SEIFSA Forms, SEIFSA Training Programme, SEIFSA Opportunities 2021…
Table of Contents
SEIFSA Bursary Programme 2021
“The Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA) support and promotes the development of skilled human capital relevant to the Steel and Engineering industry.”
- 14th March 2021
Bursaries will be made available to develop identified skills, with special emphasis on scarce and critical skills in the sector and transformation objectives. In order to be eligible for a bursary, applicants will have to fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a South African citizen
- 35 years old or younger
- Good academic results for Mathematics and Science with a minimum of 75% average on Grade 12 / Matric
- Studying or registered (accepted) to study at a recognized University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Passing a standard aptitude test or similar as required by the institution
- A gross household income of more than R350 000.00, but less than R650 000.00 per annum.
- The individual does not receive any other/further bursary for costs covered by the SEIFSA bursary;
- Preference will be given to applications from the designated groups, as well as employees of SEIFSA member companies and dependents.
- The relevance of the course to the Metals and Engineering industry and areas that fill the gaps in terms of scarce and critical skills
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- SEIFSA’s Bursary is only for students taking full-time courses in one of the above-mentioned courses, is paid per annum, and is awarded in the first instance for a one-year period only.
- Upon successful completion of studies, bursary recipients will be expected to do vacation work in companies relevant to the steel and engineering sectors in South Africa for a timeframe equivalent to the awarded bursary duration. Confirmation about the employment should be reported every year by the students to SEIFSA.
- Experiential learning for the student will be arranged by SEIFSA.
- Failure to comply with the SEIFSA bursary terms and conditions, withdrawing from the course, misconduct in terms of institution rules, unsatisfactory academic performance and not informing SEIFSA about other funding sources received will results to termination of bursary.
- Should the student fail to meet the terms and conditions of the bursary and/or withdraw from the course of study and/or obtain financial assistance from somewhere else without advising SEIFSA, the bursary will be terminated.
- The SEIFSA bursary will only cover the cost of tuition fees
- Students are liable for all other study costs (accommodation, meals, stationery, books, etc)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Applicants should E-mail their complete CV and complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
➡ SIMPLY CLICK HERE TO APPLY