The University of Venda (UNIVEN) offers a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree program through its School of Law. The program is designed to prepare students for a variety of careers in law, including:
- Legal advisor
- Employment in government institutions
The LLB program at UNIVEN is a four-year program that equips students with the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career in law.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the program:
Table of Contents
Meet the Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have a National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent qualification with a Bachelor’s degree pass (minimum of 50%) in English and at least 4 other subjects.
- A minimum Achievement Level of 4 in English is required.
- Applicants with qualifications from other countries will need to have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Certified copies of your academic records, including your NSC certificate or equivalent qualification.
- A certified copy of your ID document or passport.
- A good conduct certificate from your previous school or institution (if applicable).
- Proof of payment of the application fee.
The following information is crucial for the success of the online application process at UNIVEN.
- Only South African undergraduate applicants are to apply on the online application wizard
- To apply online, you should be having a South African Identity number, Cell phone number, email address, and credit/debit card with a CV number to pay the R100 application fee online.
- During the online application process, you may save and return at a later stage to resume the application process.
- The applicant will be required to create a pin consisting of 5 digits
- Scan and upload a copy of your I.D. document or passport, Grade 11 report or statement of grade 12 results or copy of Matric Certificate
- Complete your application by pressing the ‘submit‘ button
- You will then get a student number
- Applications typically open in February and close in August.
- Applicants are notified of the outcome of their application by October/November.
- Registration for successful applicants takes place in January.
Submit an Online Application
- All applications are done through the UNIVEN website (https://www.univen.ac.za/students/student-support-services/how-to-apply/apply-online/).
- Choose the “Undergraduate Application” option and then select “Bachelor of Laws (LLB)” as your program.
- Accurately fill in all details and answer questions honestly.
- These typically include your Matriculation certificate, ID copy, and any other relevant documents (check the website for the complete list).
- Use your credit/debit card to pay the fee online.
- Review your application thoroughly before submitting it.
- Applications are evaluated based on academic merit and space availability.
- Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview.
For more information about the LLB program, please visit the UNIVEN website or contact the School of Law directly.
If you are interested in fashion and beauty tips, Click here to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.