Up till now, anticipating students never stop asking the Difference Between an Application and Registration.
An Application is a formal request submitted to the authority of an institution to be considered suitable to study in their university. While Registration simply means the process of being registered into a university to study a course.
Table of Contents
Applying for Unisa Registration 2023/2024
You MUST apply for admission during the relevant application period before registering for any qualification at Unisa.
Unisa will assess your application according to the academic admission requirements for your qualification of choice and your final mark received at the undergraduate level.
If you qualify for admission, and if offered a space, you must accept the offer within the prescribed period before you will be able to register.
After Submitting an Application and confirming your Application Status, What Is the Next Thing to Do?
You must register. Should you not register for the previous academic year for any reason, you will be required to re-apply for the next academic year.
- FIND YOUR QUALIFICATION & CHOOSE YOUR MODULES
- CALCULATE YOUR STUDY & OTHER FEES
- COMPLETE & SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION
- PAY YOUR STUDY FEES
- AFTER REGISTRATION
As soon as your Unisa registration has been finalized, a letter confirming your registration for the semester or academic year will be sent to your myLife e-mail account. You may also request this via myUnisa and a copy will be sent to yours my Life e-mail account.
unisa.ac.za Admission – How to Apply for Unisa Registration 2023/2024
At Unisa, you can register for Undergraduate qualifications, Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas, Master’s & doctoral degrees, and Short Learning Programmes.
Unisa’s online registration process is quick and simple. Follow these steps to ensure that your registration is submitted successfully.
Go to the Unisa registration website – http://registration.unisa.ac.za
Choose the qualification level and then click “Go“.
Enter your student number in the block provided and the other details as required.
If you don’t have a student number you won’t be able to continue, therefore, you’ll need to apply online for admission. During this process, a student number will be generated and communicated to you.
Check your personal details on the screen and change any contact details that are missing or incorrect.
It is very important to provide your correct address and cellphone numbers. Incorrect information may delay the delivery of your study material and prevent you from receiving important information from the university.
Click on the modules from the drop-down list for which you want to register. Ensure that you meet all the qualification requirements for your selected modules. You must
- Meet all the pre-requisites and co-requisites for the selected module
- Enter the correct module code
- Select the correct semester (1 = first semester; 2 = second semester)
The language of tuition for each module is indicated in the module information.
Do not exceed the prescribed number of modules per semester or year, as this may result in a delay in your registration being processed.
Unisa retains the right to remove modules based on the number of credits allowed per semester and in accordance with the fees paid. Please take note of the maximum period of time you have to complete your qualification.
Calculate your fees
- Use the fee quotation link on the Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za/feequote) to obtain a quote for the cost of your modules.
- Note the minimum fee that must be paid before Unisa will process your registration. If these fees are more than you can afford, remove modules until you can afford the fees.
- You can make payment online, using a credit card at http://www.unisa.ac.za/feepayment.
- If you don’t have a credit card, you can pay at a First National Bank branch. Retain your proof of payment in case of enquiries.
Submit your registration.
Should you not register for any reason, you will be required to re-apply for the next academic year.
- If you receive an error message during the registration process, read the error message carefully and make the necessary changes to the modules or click on the “submit to advisor” button.
- Your registration will only be finalized once Unisa has received your study fees. All fees must be paid by the relevant closing date for registration.
- After payment, registration can not be processed, if the candidate did not apply for admission.
- Incorrect registrations will be amended in compliance with college/qualification rules.
- Unisa Online registration portal will be open once registration commences.
Unisa Registration Forms are also available for pdf downloads.
Be patient while Unisa processes your registration. If you see that your registration will not be processed by the closing date for registrations, please visit your nearest Unisa Regional Office.
If you are interested in fashion and beauty tips, Click here to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.