Police Service Act division is seeking Security Officers in various provinces and locations. If you have a matrix and are registered with PS IRA, you can apply.
FAQs: “police application form 2023 apply online, government vacancies, police career, correctional services, sap police, job vacancies, department of correctional services, police recruitment 2023…”
Table of Contents
SAPS Current Vacancy Programme Advert
- Location: South Africa, Eastern Cape
- Closing Date: Friday, 4 February 2023 – 12:00
- Company: SAPS
Security Officer Requirement
- Applicants must display competency in the post-specific core functions.
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or National Certificate (Vocational) recorded on the National Learner Record Database on NQF level 4.
- Registration with the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PS IRA).
- Be in possession of at least a Grade C security certificate.
- Not declared unfit to possess a firearm.
- Be willing to undergo firearm competency training.
- Be willing to maintain firearm competency.
- Be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English.
- Be a South African Citizen
- Must have no criminal record or pending criminal/departmental cases.
- A degree / Diploma in the field of security will be an added advantage.
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process that will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
- Relevant courses in the field of the post, as well as a valid driving licence for at least a light motor vehicle, will serve as an advantage.
- Be willing to work shifts and extended hours.
How to Apply to SAPS
Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website (www.saps.gov.za) and at SAPS Police Stations) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted.
All instructions on the application form must be adhered to.
Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, as well as copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driving licence, must be submitted together with the application form.
- Due to current lockdown restrictions, copies do not have to be certified, and original documentation must be produced during the selection process as requested.
- Qualifications and driving licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions.