The UFS School of Nursing remains at the forefront of nursing education with their innovative simulation, teaching, and learning facilities. Intending applicants must meet the entry requirements to gain acceptance.
Table of Contents
University of the Free State School of Nursing Application
All Prospective students are encouraged to apply no later than 31 July of each year to be considered for selection.
Note that selection are based on academic performance.
According to the SANC, only 75 first-year students can be registered for the Bachelor of Nursing at the UFS State.
UFS School of Nursing Requirement
The minimum requirements to apply for a Bachelor of Nursing are:
- Admission Point (AP) 30
- Language of instruction 50%
- Mathematics 40% or Mathematical Literacy 70%
- Life Sciences 60% or Physical Sciences 50%
Either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy is required, as well as either Life Sciences or Physical Sciences.
- Please ensure that your application (with all the supporting documents, including a medical certificate) is complete.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for selection.
WARNING – Please make sure to read the set of instructions below before opening the UFS School of Nursing online application form, to avoid Mistakes.
How to Apply Online for the University of the Free State’s School of Nursing
Please follow the instructions below to complete an application.
- Please click HERE to consult the 2024 Undergraduate Prospectus to ensure you meet the minimum entrance requirements before applying.
- Each prospective student must complete the online application.
- Once your online application has been submitted and processed, you will receive a student number (Reference number).
- Receiving a student number (Reference number) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of the Free State yet.
- In the case of applicants re-writing Grade 12 subjects, applications will be processed on the current results available. If Grade 12 has been written more than once then your combined results must be submitted with your application.
- Applicants writing the National Senior Certificate (NSC) through IEB or SACAI examining bodies can apply online by selecting “National Senior Certificate” under the Results Detail page of the online application process.
- Applicants writing the Cambridge International Examination can apply online by selecting “Cambridge” under the Results Details page of the online application process
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 are requested to provide school-stamped copies of the final Grade 11 and or Grade 12 June report.
- Applicants transferring from another university/tertiary institution are required to declare their previous studies when applying as well as upload an official full academic record/transcript with the certificate of conduct and degree/diploma certificate (where applicable).
- The University of the Free State does not accept the General Education Development (GED) test for entry into any of its curricular undergraduate qualifications. The GED is no longer recognised by Universities in South Africa (USAf) and is not equivalent to a South African grade 12 (NSC/IEB/SACAI). Applicants who completed the GED and would like to study towards an undergraduate curricular qualification are advised to register and complete a grade 12 NSC/IEB/SACAI or the international equivalent thereof.
- Applicants who did not complete /NSC/IEB must have USAF accreditation from the examination board for South African Universities.
- Click HERE to apply online for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption, or mature age conditional exemption, or send an email to email@example.com.
STILL DON’T UNDERSTAND?
Any inquiries about the application process can be directed to the email below
- Seek for Help – Klopper1@ufs.ac.za
If you are interested in fashion and beauty tips, Click here to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.