Are you keen to study at Stellenbosch University (SU)? One of the need-to-knows before sending off your application form to Maties is the APS calculation. Most people ask;
How do I get my APS?
One thing is certain about when to get your APS, that is you need to get your APS (Admission Point Score) mark before you can apply for a course at a university (South Africa).
- First, you have to have your final Matric examination certificate.
- Your top 7 Matric subject’s marks are changed into a point system that works out your APS; To calculate your APS, you’ll need to add your six best subjects, excluding Life Orientation
The points you get for each course will depend on the percentage you score in that particular subject. The APS score is the total points you receive from each course
Don’t forget that some courses require you to submit other requirements. It’s important for you to check with the faculty what they require from you.
Stellenbosch University APS Calculation
Applicants will need to meet the following requirements in order to be eligible to study at Stellenbosch University:
- If you are a South African student, you will need to have a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a Bachelor’s Pass – this means that you would need to have achieved 50% or more for four subjects.
- If you are an International student, you will need to submit your final school results from the International Curriculum – check out the specific minimum requirements.
- You will need to write the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) – please note that you will need to write the NBTs before 30 June if you are applying for a programme in the Law or Health Sciences faculties.
- You’ll also need to meet further requirements specific to the programme/s that you apply for.
You will be able to find the Minimum Admission Requirements in this booklet.