The Ghana Baptist University College (GBUC) admission requirement for all the courses at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate level has been released for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Table of Contents
GBUC Admission Requirement
Ghana Baptist University College Undergraduate Admission Requirement
Entry Requirements for An Undergraduate Degree Programme
Students seeking admission to the Bachelor’s Degree Programme of the Ghana Baptist University College, GBUC must have any of the following:
School of Business Administration (SBA)
Four-year Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with specialization in
- Banking and Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Five credits at the GCE Ordinary Level including English Language and Mathematics plus three passes at the GCE Advance Level, or an aggregate score of 24 or better including Core Mathematics, Core English, and Integrated Science/ Social Studies and any three elective subjects in the WASSCE/SSSCE
Business Certificate Candidates
- Five GBCE credits including English Language and Mathematics plus ABCE with passes in at least three subjects
- Five GCE Ordinary Level, passes including English Language and Mathematics or WASSCE/SSCE with three or more passes including English Language and Mathematics with working experience.
- They must have attained a minimum age of twenty-five (25) years at the time of submitting the application materials (photocopy of birth certificate is required). They must attend the Access Course organized by the University College, and pass the Examination which entails General Paper, English Language, and Mathematics, with an average score of 60%.
Post Diploma/HND Candidates
- The Admissions Committee will assess candidates with Diploma and HND with regard to the curriculum content of their programme on a case-by-case basis and place them at the appropriate level (Level 200 or 300)
- Candidates who possess ACCA part II, CA part II will be admitted to level 200 provided they meet the basic entry requirements.
Diploma in Business Administration
- Five credits at the GCE Ordinary Level including English Language and Mathematics, or five passes including English Language and Mathematics at the WASSCE/SSSCE.
School of Arts and Social Sciences Education (SASSCE)
Four-Year Bachelor of Education with a concentration in;
- Religious Studies
Post-Senior high school students/Secondary Candidates
- Credit passes in core English. Core mathematics, and integrated science or social studies (grade D or better) at SSCE
- Credit passes in core English. Core mathematics, and integrated science or social studies (grade C6 or better) at WASSCE
- Credit passes in 3 elective subjects may include Literature-in-English, History, French and any of the Ghanaian Languages.
The student must have passes in six (6) subjects with an overall aggregate of 36/24 at the WASSCE/SSCE level respectively.
- Applicants must be 25 years and above at the time of application. (Evidence of birth certificate of not less than 5years of date of issue)
- Applicant must pass an entrance examination three papers, namely General paper, Science/Mathematics and Special paper in Religious Studies.
- Successful students need to pass a selection interview in addition.
All applicants seeking placement at the levels other than level 100 will be made to register and read all compulsory PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION and GENERAL (English-related) courses.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level Applicants
- Applicants must have passes in three subjects (at least one of the passes should be grade D or better).
- Also, the applicants must have credit passes (at least Grade 6) in five (5) GCE ordinary Level including English Language, Literature-in-English, Mathematics and Science subject or General Science (for a non-science student) and an Arts Subject (for science student).
Post Diploma students
- A good Diploma in an English-related programme (a minimum of second Class Lower Division or better) obtained from a recognized tertiary institution with at least (2) years post qualification teaching/working experience.
- All Foreign certificates should be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) to determine the eligibility for admission.
School of Theology and Ministry (STM)
- Four-Year Bachelor of Theology
- Diploma in Theology
- Diploma in Music
Bachelor of Theology
- Five credits at the GCE Ordinary Level including English Language and Mathematics plus three passes at the GCE Advanced Level, or an aggregate score of 24 or better including Core Mathematics, Core English and Integrated Science / Social Studies and any three elective subjects in WASSSCE/SSSCE, or equivalent professional qualification approved by admissions Committee of the University College.
Diploma in Theology and Diploma in Music
- Five credits at the GCE Ordinary Level including English Language and Mathematics, or five passes including English Language and Mathematics at the WAEC SSSCE/SHSCE.
Ghana Baptist University College Postgraduate Admission Requirement
- An applicant must at least have a Degree or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution including transcripts.
Ghana Baptist University College International Students admission Requirement
- Applicants with similar qualifications or its equivalence (as specified above) can apply for admission consideration.
- International applicants should have a valid passport.
- Should be ready to acquire a resident permit and abide by the regulations governing the status of foreigners in Ghana.