The Accredited list of Postgraduate Sandwich Programmes & Requirements at UEW has been published online.
Are you looking for the UEW Sandwich Programmes? The management of the University of Education, Winneba (UEW) has released the postgraduate sandwich programmes for interested students.
Table of Contents
UEW Postgraduate Sandwich Programmes & Requirements
The following Programmes are available for the Sandwich Session:
- M Ed – French
- M Ed – Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
- M A – French Translation
- M A – English
- MA – History Education
- M A – Human Rights, Conflict and Peace Studies
- M Ed – Social Studies
- M Ed – Special Education
- M Ed – Educational Administration & Management
- M Ed – Assessment in Special Education
- M Ed – Guidance and Counselling
- M Ed – School Supervision
- PGDE – Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- PGDB – Postgraduate Diploma in Braille
- PGDSL – Postgraduate Diploma in Sign Language
- M A – Arts and Culture
- M.A. – Music Education/Composition
- M.Ed. – Home Economics Education
- M Ed – Science
- M Ed – Mathematics
- M Ed – Physical Education
- M Sc – Economics Education
- MA – Communication and Media Studies
- PGDTLHE – Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching & Learning in Higher Education.
- M.Ed. – Geography
- M.A. – Art Education
- M. A. Ghanaian Language Studies
- M.Tech – Construction
- M.Tech – Electricals/Electronics
- M,Tech – Mechanical
- M.Tech – Wood
- M.Tech – Fashion and Textiles
- M.Tech – Catering and Hospitality
- M. A. – Educational Leadership
- M.ED – Teaching and Learning (Research Masters)
- M.SC. – Information Technology Education
- M. Ed. – Agriculture
DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMME:
- M.Ed. English
- M.Ed. Mathematics
- M.Ed. Mentorship
- M.Ed. Science
Postgraduate diploma in Education (PGDE)
1. Winneba Campus:
2. Weekend Classes:
- EXECUTIVE MASTERS IN HUMAN RIGHT, CONFLICT AND PEACE STUDIES
3. Kumasi Campus
- MSC-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
Entry Requirements for M.A. Programmes
Applicants should possess:
- A good Bachelor’s Degree with Education component (eg. B.Ed), from the University of Education (UEW) or its equivalent from a recognized University in the relevant field of study, or
- A good Bachelor’s Degree without Education e.g. (B.A, BSc) from an accredited university.
- Applicants with good first degrees from any field of study can apply for M.A. Human Rights, Conflict and Peace Studies and M.A. Communication & Media Studies programmes.
M.A. EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND M. ED PROGRAMMES
- A good Bachelor’s Degree with Education component (eg. B.Ed.), from a recognized University in the relevant field of study.
- Applicants with B.A. or BSc. degree without education must also have a Postgraduate Diploma in Education or Diploma in Education
- Applicants interested in the M.Ed. Educational Administration and Management programme must have at least two years working experience in teaching or educational administration after the first degree.
MSC IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
i. A good Bachelor’s Degree (2nd Class Lower Division or better) in Information Technology Education (ITE), Information Technology (IT).
ii. Computer Science and any other Bachelor’s Degree in information Systems (e.g. Management Information System, Business Information System, etc.)
iii. Applicants with 3rd Class Degree in the relevant discipline ( i above) shall have to pass an entrance examination.
iv. A pass in a selection interview to be organized by the Department.
Applicants with a good Bachelor’s Degree in any subject area and who TEACH ENGLISH are eligible to apply.
M. ED. IN MENTORSHIP
This programme is run in the distance learning mode.
- Be a teacher mentor trained by UEW in the past
- Hold a first degree with education component
- (eg B. Ed) from a recognized University in the subject specific area and should have taught for at least two years.
- Possess a first degree in a subject specific area plus postgraduate diploma/certificate in education.
- Be a teacher in basic school at the level of principal superintendent and above in the Ghana Education Service status ranking
- Be recommended by his/her head of school.
MSC. ECONOMICS EDUCATION
- Possess good first degree (At least 2nd Class Lower Division) in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or related programme of study at the tertiary level of education from recognized universities.
- Pass a selection interview.
- Possess Second class lower or better in Geography or any related discipline.
- Pass the selection interview.
M. A. ART EDUCATION
Applicants must possess:
- A good first degree in relevant discipline (Studio Art, Art Education, Design or Art History) from a recognized tertiary institution.
M.ED EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Possess a good first degree (at least 2nd Class Lower Division) from the University of Education or other Universities recognised by the Academic Board of the University of Education, Winneba or from any institution accredited by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana. Applicants must note that, the M. Ed Educational Administration and Management Programme is meant for professionals in the education sector: consequently, applicants must be certified educationist.
- Applicants with teacher’s certificate “A”/Diploma certificate in Education and BA/BSc certificates without education are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants with 3rd class Honours in their respective first degrees must also work for at least three year before they apply for the programme and applicants must pass the selection interview.
- candidates should possess a first degree in agriculture or in a related discipline with a minimum of a third class or a pass.
POST-GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (This programme is run in the distance learning mode and on Sandwich Basis)
- Applicant should hold a first Degree from a recognized institution.
- Must have interest in teaching.
- Must pass an interview.
- Applicants without any education background (Qualification in Education) would be required to audit courses in education.
POST-GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN TEACHING & LEARNING IN HIGHER EDUCATION (PGDTLHE)
Applicant should be:
- A beginning lecturer in the University of Education, Winneba.
- A Master’s / Doctorate degree holder who wishes to pursue academic career as a teacher in tertiary institutions.
- Lecturers from tertiary institutions who have no formal qualifications in teaching in Higher Education.
M.ED IN TEACHING AND LEARNING (RESEARCH MASTERS)
- Have a good first degree ( Second Class Lower or better.) Teaching experience is an advantage.
- Have a second degree in a specialized subject, plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Education or Diploma in Education.
- Pass the selection interview.
EXECUTIVE MASTERS IN HUMAN RIGHT, CONFLICT AND PEACE STUDIES
- Possess a good first degree in any discipline from a recognized institution
- Be a Member of recognized Professional Institution, like the Police Service, Prisons Service, Ghana Education Service, Immigration Service, Ports and Harbour, Armed Forces, Health Services and the Districts, Municipal and Metropolitan Assemblies without first degree but have five or more years working experience.
I am Paul Amoako, and a teacher by profession .l had my first degree at Center for continue Education, University of Cape Coast through distance education. I did bachelor of ed
ucation with pass division.
Please can I apply for post graduate diploma in education?
OR M.ed in mentorship?