There are two main ways to apply for registration at Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT):
Table of Contents
Through the Central Applications Office (CAO)
This is the recommended method for most applicants. You can apply online, via the CAO app, or by submitting a hard copy application form. For the latest information and deadlines, visit the CAO website: https://www.cao.ac.za/
Directly through MUT
International applicants and certain other categories may be able to apply directly to Mangosuthu University of Technology. Find details on the MUT Registration page – https://www.mut.ac.za/registration/
- Registration Period: 22 January 2024 to 02 February 2024
How To Apply for Mangosuthu University of Technology Registration
Applying for registration at Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT) depends on whether you’re applying for admission (new student) or registration (returning student).
The registration process will be completed by following the steps below;
If you’re a new student applying for admission, you need to follow the steps outlined on the MUT website: https://www.mut.ac.za/
- Click on the student portal
- Click on STUDENT IENABLER
- Click on Student
- Enter your Student number on the student number field
- Enter the pin you currently use or the default pin (46579) if you have not changed it.
- Click on the Login button
- Once you have logged on, click on Registration on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click on RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Scroll down and click on the I Accept button
- Click on Submit Registration on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click on Your Employment Status and select the UNEMPLOYED option
- Click on Save and Continue
- The list of subjects you are eligible to register for will appear. Select all the subjects by clicking on the checkboxes next to each subject.
- Click on the save and continue button
- Click on the Continue button
- Click on the Accept Registration button. Registration is now complete.
Once you have completed registration you must click on Proof of Registration which is on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You can print your registration status.
- Activation of your student card is done on campus
- All steps must be completed before you are fully registered as a MUT student.
- If you’re a returning student, registration usually occurs at the beginning of each semester.
OpenAthens Account Registration
An OpenAthens account registration is the process of creating an account that grants you access to a wide range of online resources, including:
- MUT library electronic resources like e-journals and databases.
- Some institutions use OpenAthens to facilitate interlibrary loan requests, making it easier to obtain materials your library doesn’t own.
You can register for an OpenAthens account even if you’re not a student, as long as you’re affiliated with MUT (e.g., staff, faculty).
- REGISTER HERE: https://my.openathens.net/
If you are interested in fashion and beauty tips, Click here to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.