The Wits School of Education (WSoE) provides one of the highest quality postgraduate programmes in Education studies in South Africa. Join a thriving local and international community in research and academic excellence. Students will benefit from expert tuition and supervision from our high caliber staff as well as numerous support measures provided. Become part of the next generation of researchers in Africa and globally.
Postgraduate Studies at WSoE
All postgraduate applicants and current students are encouraged to apply for post-graduate merit awards, which will pay the student’s fees and give a small stipend. Applicants do not have to be accepted in order to apply for this funding and are encouraged to submit their application for funding at the same time as their application to their programme. Please see the Fees and funding website for more details, especially for closing dates.
The WSOE is:
- A leader in research and teaching in Africa;
- Located in the heart of Johannesburg, the economic and cultural capital of South Africa and the most cosmopolitan city in Africa;
- Recently voted the most enabling institutional environment for educational research in Africa.
The WSOE offers post-graduate research degrees in key areas, including:
- Curriculum, pedagogy, and assessment
- Educational leadership and policy studies
- Science and Mathematics Education
- Languages and Literacy Education
- Higher Education
- Disciplinary Studies in Education
- Inclusive Education
- Deaf Education
- Educational Technology
- Education and the labor market
- Rural Education
With highly qualified staff and a track record of strong supervision and outstanding graduates, the WSOE offers excellent support for its research and postgraduate students.