MainOne Vacancy – Mainone Career, Mainone Forms, Mainone Training Programme, Mainone Opportunities 2023…
Table of Contents
MainOne Data Centre Facility/BMS Engineer Vacancy
“The Data Centre Facility & BMS Engineer will be responsible for capacity planning and upgrade, ability to plan, and upgrade systems within the infrastructure.”
- Closing Date: 15 Feb. 2023
- Location: Ghana
- Company Name: MainOne
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
- Department: Technical
- Location: Appolonia, Ghana
- Number to Hire: 2
- Job Type: Permanent
- Minimum years of Experience: 4
- Carrying out troubleshooting and diagnoses of failed critical equipment and determine root cause of equipment failure, take first-line corrective action to restore the equipment and ensure reliability improvement of same equipment.
- Innovate, Implement, and practice energy savings and reduce the cost of operation.
- Evaluate new products and technologies to ensure efficient and effective infrastructure delivery
- Provide direction for the day to day operations and monitoring of the Data Centre electrical & mechanical components such as CHILLERS, CRAC/CRAH VESDA & FM200, Access Control, CCTV, Water Leakage Detection etc.
- Performing, supervising, scheduling Corrective Maintenance in the Data Centres and change management
- Second level troubleshooting and resolution of Mechanical and Electrical related faults relating to Generators, Chillers, HPAC/CRAC units, secondary Pumps, Extractor fans, UPS, AVR etc.
- Ensures preventative and predictive maintenance program is implemented and followed throughout with support vendors as planned
- Maintain adequate records for undergoing operational audits both internal as well as external
- Facility vendor/Contractor supervision.
- Ensure proper and effective housekeeping within the facility
- Ability to monitor the delivery of service especially by 3rd party vendors rendered to customers
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Transferable experience of at least four years
- The capability of creating, understanding and interpreting Single Line Diagrams with the view of resolving second level electrical issues.
- Good Knowledge of BMS server, DCIM Server, NVR, CHILLERS, CRAH/CRAC, VESDA & FM200, Access Control, CCTV Systems, HVAC Systems, intrusion detection System
- Excellent second level ability to troubleshoot Mechanical and Electrical systems faults within the DC infrastructure.
- Good Technical Knowledge of various Electrical and Mechanical Distribution and sub systems
- Capacity planning change management and ability to develop MOP for all change and plan upgrade within the infrastructure.
- Strong team player
- Strong organizational skills and innovative problem-solving abilities.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills, multitasking with an ability to interact with a wide range of people and be a Good Team player.
- Excellent logical reasoning and troubleshooting skills
- B-Eng. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- ITIL Certification and any relevant Facility Management/BMS/DCIM certification will be added advantage.