The SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International College Vacancies – Scholarship Administrator & Guidance Counsellor Recruitment 2023, The SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International College Jobs, The SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International College Career, and more are available below…
Table of Contents
The SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International College Jobs Details
SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International College hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Scholarship Administrator & Guidance Counsellor. Interested Applicant ought to note the job application deadline scheduled below.
- Company: The SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International College
- Deadline:17 September 2023
- Location: Tema
- Job-status: Full-Time
- Salary: N/A
- Education: SHS / Diploma
- Experience: N/A
Main Responsibilities Include
- Conduct market research on employment trends/job opportunities and map academic programs (University/College) that align with these job opportunities.
- Provide SOS-HGIC students with career guidance and counseling.
- Develop personalized education/career plans for students according to their skills, interests, and market needs.
- Support students with their university selection and application process.
- Promote the availability of extra-curricular activities that support the development of life skills.
- Provide students with orientation on the SOS Children’s Villages Canada Scholarship program.
- Manage students’ applications to the SOS Children’s Villages Canada Scholarship program. • Support the Scholarship Selection Committee in selecting scholarship recipients. • Record project data in the program database.
- Counsel scholarship recipients on issues related to pursuing post-secondary education (finding accommodation, personal finance/banking, resources in the country, etc.)
- Coach scholarship recipients on how to identify and secure professional mentorship and internship opportunities.
- Participate in scholarship program meetings as required.
- Produce program reports (narrative and financials).
- Develop and conduct scholarship applicant and recipient feedback surveys. • Work in close cooperation with SOS-HGIC’s guidance counselors, finance controller, SOS Children’s Villages Canada, and other relevant staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Planning, and management of the project budget, including annual planning and forecasting. • Providing HGIC finance team with transfer requests in time to ensure timely transfers to students
- Financial reporting and assisting with annual audit
- Preparing Funding requests together with the bank statement of account. • Monthly Expense reports and invoicing.
Qualification Required & Experience
- University degree in human resources, education, career counseling, or a similar field.
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: career counseling, student support, project management, scholarship administration
- Knowledge of labor market trends in Africa, and the employability challenges faced by youth.
- Above-average communication and organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Effective interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Outgoing and confident, with a flexible approach to work.
- Cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Strong sense of initiative.
- Flexibility, and ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Experience managing student scholarships or working in a school setting.
- Willingness to sign HGIC’s Code of Conduct and to pass a background check.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae – firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information concerning the SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International College, send inquiries to the contact link below;