How to Change a Course and The Marks Checked on Academic Record

The process of changing your course and the marks checked on your academic record can vary depending on several factors, including:

Table of Contents

Your Institution

Each university or college has its procedures for course changes. You’ll need to consult your institution’s academic handbook or website to find the specific steps involved.

Meeting with Your Academic Advisor: Discuss your reasons for wanting to change and explore alternative options.

Submitting a Formal Application: This may be done online or in person and will require documentation of your desired new course and academic standing.

Meeting with Relevant Department Heads: This may be necessary if your desired new course is in a different department.

Fulfilling Any Academic Requirements: You may need to meet specific course prerequisites or GPA thresholds for the new course.

Your Academic Standing

Matric: If you’re a matriculated student (officially enrolled in a degree program), changing courses may be easier, though there may still be deadlines and requirements to meet.

Non-matric: If you haven’t yet matriculated, changing courses might be simpler and involve fewer formalities.

The Type of Course Change

Within the same faculty: Changing within the same faculty usually involves less paperwork and is generally easier to process.

To a different faculty: This may be a more complex process and require additional approvals.

Regarding NSFAS

Yes, changing courses can potentially affect your NSFAS funding. This depends on several factors, such as:

  • Your academic results in the new course: If you fall behind in your new course, your NSFAS funding might be suspended or terminated.
  • Your NSFAS funding contract: Some contracts specify that changing courses may require approval from NSFAS.
  • The availability of funding for your new course: Not all courses are eligible for NSFAS funding.

Here’s What You Can Do to Ensure a Smooth Transition and Avoid Any Issues with NSFAS:

  • Talk to your academic advisor: They can guide you through the course change process and advise you on any potential implications for your NSFAS funding.
  • Contact NSFAS: Inform them of your intention to change courses and inquire about any necessary adjustments to your funding.
  • Review your NSFAS funding contract: Make sure you understand the terms and conditions regarding changes in your academic program.

👩🏽‍💻 Wendy’s comment – “How do you change a course, the procedure of changing which marks are checked academic record even though you’re a student here or matric? Will NSFas be affected by me changing a course?” 

Don’t hesitate to share this content to reach Wendy and loved ones, as well, if there are any difficulties, let Us know in the comment session below.


If you are interested in fashion and beauty tips, Click here to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.

Check Also

CPUT Late Applications Courses

CPUT Late Applications Courses Available for 2024/2025

Late application programmes have been identified and are only available to Returning CPUT students i.e. …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *