The Stellenbosch University (SU) has sent invitations to students wishing to be re-admitted after being excluded on the basis of poor performance in qualification.
Table of Contents
- 1 SU Re-Admission
- 2 How to Apply for Stellenbosch University Online Registration 2023
Re-registering students can register for the academic year during the relevant registration period.
How to Apply for Stellenbosch University Online Registration 2023
At SU, you can register for Undergraduate qualifications, Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas, Master’s & doctoral degrees, and Short Learning Programmes.
As a new/current student, you can access the self-service student iEnabler system on campus or your computer at home by following the steps below;
There are two different options to register in January. They are:
- self-registration (e-registration), or
- the assisted registration process in NARGA on the Stellenbosch campus, or GERGA on the Tygerberg campus for students in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Maties Self-Registration (E-Registration)
Self-registration can be done from any computer with access to the internet on www.maties.com.
- Log in with your username and password.
- If you have completed the National Senior Certificate or the IEB-certificate, you will be able to register yourself.
- If you are a first-year, self-registration opens on 15 January up to the time slot determined for your faculty’s registration in NARGA, or in GERGA.
Student cards can be obtained at the Student Centre (Neelsie) in Stellenbosch, in the time slot determined for your faculty’s registration in NARGA, or in GERGA if you are at Tygerberg.
Candidates from other school systems cannot make use of self-registration. It will, however, be beneficial if candidates from other school systems can send their final school results, as well as the certificate of university exemption that must be obtained from the SA Matriculation Board, to email@example.com. Your student number must be supplied as well.
Maties NARGA / GERGA-registration
- GERGA-registration at the Tygerberg campus is scheduled for Friday 24 January.
- NARGA-registration at the Stellenbosch campus is scheduled per faculty and allocated to time slots for Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 January.
- First-year students who have not registered on these dates and who obtain special permission to register (the programme for which you want to register might already be full), will have to register later in the course of that week in NARGA together with the senior students of their faculty.
- First-year students, who register later than that, will be charged a levy of R500, on the condition that the relevant Faculty Administrator has granted permission for late registration.
- If you do not register yourself before you arrive in Stellenbosch or at Tygerberg, it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with all the admission requirements of your study programme before you leave for Stellenbosch.
SU NARGA / GERGA-registration Requirement
If you are going to register in NARGA or GERGA, you must report with the following original documents at registration in your faculty’s allotted registration time slot:
- The advice of Results of the 2020 NSC or IEB final school-leaving examination.
- NSC or IEB candidates who matriculated in 2018 or earlier: National Senior Certificate.
- Candidates from other school systems: School-leaving certificate/s and certificate of university exemption issued by the SA Matriculation Board.
- Candidates who studied at other universities: The document/s mentioned at 2 or 3 above, as well as an original academic transcript/record and certificate of good conduct issued by the university concerned.
- If you are not a South African citizen: a valid study permit.
Please take note of the notice regarding the writing of the National Benchmark Tests.
Stellenbosch University, SU Registration Guide are also available for doc. downloads.
STILL, HAVING DIFFICULTIES?
Be patient while SU processes your registration. If you see that your registration will not be processed by the closing date for registrations, please visit your nearest SU Online Assistance.