To manage treasury function and process payments in accordance with African Union Financial Rules.
FAQs: “African Union Members, African Union President, African Union Purpose, African Union Summit 2023, African Union History, Organs of African Union, African Union Headquarters, African Union Pdf“
Table of Contents
African Union Programme Advert
- Location: Ghana
- Company: African Union
- Closing Date : 15th April 2023
- Prepare and develop reports, budgets and work programs related to the operation of the AfCFTA
- Provide support for the development of the resource mobilization strategy with stakeholder coordination
- Conducts complex analysis and generates timely and accurate reports for internal organizational use
- Prepares departmental budgets in accordance with relevant frameworks
- Ensure that all payments are authorized and legitimate supporting documentation are provided;
- Coordinate SAP enhancement projects under the Financial Management Unit of Directorate of Finance;
- Manage the investment of AfCFTA excesses funds in accordance AU Financial Rules;
- Manage and improve the procedures and controls in relation to the timely processing of all payments;
- Monitor, analyse, and manage open items; monitors and reports status of open items to supervisor.
- Oversee electronic cash receipt and cash disbursement processing and accounting
- Prepare daily cash positioning activities including managing daily liquidity, cash position reconciliation and bank reporting
- Maintain an efficient system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities and provide support for regulatory reporting;
- Ensure compliance with Staff Rules and Regulation and Financial Rules;
- Conduct careful and thorough investment research and make specific investment recommendations to the Director of Finance and the Secretary General;
- Manage AfCFTA investments and relationships with various Financial Institutions;
- Perform responsible and complex treasury management activities.
- Perform cash flow analysis for cash management decisions
- Lead Financial Management Unit within AfCFTA
- Analyze problems/issues and recommend alternative solutions.
- Manages and supervises staff under his/her supervision with respect to organization and performance evaluation
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs; recommend and administer policies and procedure
- Contributes to the development of strategies, policies, programs and plans
- Respond to internal/external audit observations and implement successfully audit recommendation;
- Lead in identifying cash management risk and developing mitigating strategies
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Head of Division.
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
A master’s degree in finance, accounting, banking and finance, business administration or a related field with Seven (7) years of relevant work experience of which three (3) years at the supervisory level.
A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, banking and finance, business administration or related field with Ten (10) years of relevant outside work experience of which three (3) years at the supervisory level
- A professional qualification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, Expert Comptable or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience in managing and establishing treasury and disbursement functions.
- Experience in managing and processing payments.
- A sound and detailed knowledge of financial rules/policies of public/international organization.
- In-depth experience in managing investments and Special Funds.
- Experience working with enterprise resources management (ERP) systems, particularly SAP.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance
- Ability to assist in developing clear program goals, plans and actions that are consistent with agreed strategies and to appropriately delegate, monitor and adjust these plans and actions
- Ability to produce clear and professional reports
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
Developing others ….
Foster Accountability Culture….
- Learning Orientation
Communicating with Influence ….
- Conceptual Thinking
Job Knowledge and Information Sharing ….
Drive for Result ….
Continuous Improvement Orientation ….
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Swahili, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than April 17, 2023
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.