The Embassy of the United States of America to Kenya, located in Nairobi, is home to the diplomatic mission of the United States to the Republic of Kenya. The embassy opened in central Nairobi on 2 March 1964, when the United States established diplomatic relations with Kenya.
FAQs: “Reopening of U S Embassy in Nigeria, U S Embassy in Usa, U S Embassy Phone Number, U S Embassy Washington DC, U S Embassy Near Me, U S Embassy in Florida, U S Embassy Los Angeles, U S Embassy New York“
Table of Contents
Embassy of The United States Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: Embassy of The United States
- Closing Date : 31 March. 2023
Under the direct supervision of the PEPFAR Kenya Country Coordinator, the Senior Communications Specialist- will develop and implement a comprehensive communications and media relations program for the PEPFAR Kenya program to promote public understanding of U.S. government health programs and accomplishments. As the lead communications officer for the PEPFAR program and PEPFAR Coordination office, the incumbent plans and coordinates the dissemination of health information relating to PEPFAR programs, objectives, achievements, activities, and functions to internal U.S. government audiences, and the public.
This position leads and directs the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication and marketing program, including the establishing of goals and objectives, instituting policies, programs, and activities and ensuring integration with other research, surveillance, and prevention activities. Provides coordination and quality assurance for all communication and marketing activities, assures the health information is accurately and appropriately represented to diverse constituencies; applies communication and marketing solutions for complex and controversial problems; and participates in internal and external government venues requiring knowledge and understanding of PEPFAR’s communication and marketing and applicable programmatic activities, goals and objectives.
Qualifications and Evaluations
This position requires a total of at least eight (8) years of experience. Specifically:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in a multilingual, multicultural, or multinational institution (such as a museum, public or community center, or education facility) that provides information resources or American Studies or International Relations content to the public is required, with communications, marketing or public relations duties as a significant part of the job;
- at least an additional one year of supervisory experience is required.
- Detailed knowledge of U.S. foreign policy objectives and American interests in host country, especially the EV sector; understanding of U.S. historical, political, economic, social and cultural forces that shape U.S. foreign policy; comprehensive knowledge of the attitudes and preferences of the EV audience sector(s); understanding of regional, ethnic, socio-economic, cultural and linguistic factors and the influence of religious, cultural and educational institutions in shaping EV perceptions of the U.S. are all required. Familiarity with country-wide American Spaces operations is also required. Must have general knowledge of project management, including defining project objectives, outcomes, and assessment methods.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques, market analysis and analytics, and customer service standards in the U.S. and host country; knowledge of trends in experiential learning and audience engagement; understanding of the communications/information environments in Kenya and international environment; detailed knowledge of PD engagement tools, related policies and procedures for each; and knowledge of multiple PD resource streams and regulations for their use are all required
- University Degree in communications, library science, museum education, international affairs, American Studies, marketing, or local equivalent is require
- LANGUAGE: Level 4 English (Fluent, Speaking/Reading/Writing) is required.
- Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Kiswahili is also required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Analytic skills: Must have strong analytic skills and the ability to conceptualize how best to use PD programs and projects to move Kenyan attitudes in positive ways. Must be able to advise senior PD /Mission leaders of opportunities to promote Mission objectives; identify, analyze, predict and continually assess EV audience attitudes; evaluate the impact of projects and modify approaches for greatest outcomes. Must be able to perceive the emergence of new influencers and adjust operations and programming accordingly.
- Communication / Interpersonal skills: Must have excellent customer relations, interpersonal cross-cultural communication skills, and be able to identify and engage key figures critical to shaping local public opinion. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking, interviewing for evaluation purposes, writing reports and contributing materials for publication. Must be able to tailor communications to fit formal and information situations and different ethnic, religious and linguistic cultures, and, as necessary, through multi-media channels. Must be able to brief U.S. officers and visitors on a variety of issues.
- Management skills: Strong management skills are required, including the ability to develop and oversee project budgets and to organize, run, and present professional and cultural projects such as workshops, seminars, digital video conferences, panel discussions, lectures and camps. Must be able to negotiate agreements with partner institutions and manage their fulfillment.
- Technical skills: Good keyboarding and data entry skills and excellent familiarity with electronic discovery tools, in particular the Internet, and standard information retrieval practices and procedures are required. Thorough, detailed knowledge of various computer software programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, graphic design and photo editing software, and PD-specific software, databases, and reporting tools is required. Full understanding of PD-specific funding authorities and their planning and reporting tools is required. Detailed knowledge of and ability to use social media and mobile platforms, photo and video sharing sites, podcast creation, and basic photo and video skills are all required. Must have good numerical skills to be able to develop and manage project and grant budgets; must be able to develop descriptive statistical analysis of target audience segments and impact of American Space activities and initiatives.
- Availability: Must be available to travel throughout Kenya to support American Center projects and activities