The Amref Kenya Vacancy – Amref uganda jobs 2021, Amref Kenya vacancies 2021, Amref Kenya salaries, latest Amref job vacancy in Kenya, Amref Kenya internships, Amref Kenya covid test, Amref Kenya staff, Amref health Africa Uganda…
Table of Contents
- Position(s): Risk Survey
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Nairobi
- Deadline: Varies
- Company Name: Amref Kenya
1. Ground Ambulance response
- Obtaining information from the Operations Emergency Control Center OECC on patients’ arrival and ensuring the correct Estimated Time of Arrival/Departure (ETA/ETD).
- Ensuring the ambulance is ready and is positioned at the designated place to receive patients
- Loading the patient in the ambulance, carefully driving to/from the hospital where the nurse or the doctor hands over/receives the patient.
- Ensuring that the trip is executed smoothly, thus no over-speeding, carefully driving to avoid sudden motions that are detrimental to patients
- Ensuring all equipment required for the trips/mission is loaded as per instructions.
- Ensuring information/resources provided are used to deliver the required results
- Assisting medical team to load and offload patients from ground ambulance
2. Vehicles Maintenance
- Cleaning the ambulances and other vehicles regularly and ensuring that they are ready for emergency response/missions respectively.
- By use of a checklist, the vehicles to be maintained in good working condition.
- Ensuring the vehicle are serviced and maintained in good mechanical order as well as observing the service schedules
- Timely reporting of all mechanical anomalies and/resolving to ensure efficient operations.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of the vehicle logbooks.
- Operating company vehicles for transportation of authorized personnel or cargo as per company policy
- Ensure to record mileage per trip as required
3. Road Safety
- Ensuring the safety of passengers at all times
- Ensuring the safety of the vehicle and the contents are safeguarded at all times
- Ensuring all vehicles comply with the law; have valid inspection certificates, AA membership, and valid insurance
- Adhering to traffic rules at all times
- Application of defensive driving to avoid incidences
- Reporting any incidents/accidents on time as per company policy and as per road traffic guidelines
4. Performing Administrative Activities
- Ensuring that all documentation regarding a trip is done and all authorizations obtained in advance of the trip/mission
- Delivering and or collecting cheques/invoices/other related communications/documentation as required and ensuring the delivery book is signed for all deliveries.
- Providing transport to staff for official work as required.
- Responsible for oxygen cylinder refilling
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining office files
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned
- Secondary school certificate – KCSE or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license must have a BCE
- Certificate and knowledge in Basic First Aid
- Current certificate of good conduct
- Certificate in BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Training in advance and defensive driving
- Vehicle care maintenance certificate
- Diploma in a related field of study
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- 4-6 year’s working experience as an ambulance driver with a good track record
- General understanding of vehicle care maintenance
- Good understanding of the local laws applicable to driving emergency vehicles
Skills and competencies
- Ability to work in a 24-hour environment with a positive attitude
- Good command of English language, both oral and written
- Deliver good customer service to clients
- Ability to be organized, proactive and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ability to plan and manage time
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to accurately follow instructions and be flexible
- Ability to apply sound judgment in situations