Code for Africa (CfA) uses technology and #OpenData to empower citizens. We give citizens actionable information for better-informed decision making and digital tools to amplify their voices, so that they can hold the authorities (both governmental and corporate) to account.
FAQs: “Code for Africa Salary, Code for Africa Nigeria, Code Africa, Code for Africa Twitter, Code for Africa Jobs, Code for Africa Medium, Code for Africa Address, Code for Africa Kenya“
Table of Contents
Code for Africa (CfA) Kenya Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: Code for Africa (CfA)
- Closing Date : 22 March. 2023
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and expand a geographically dispersed community of drone pilots and sensor practitioners across African countries, ensuring members are engaged and active.
- Coordinate the management of community events, projects, and communications.
- Identify gaps and needs within the african DRONE and sensors. AFRICA networks and develop appropriate and effective programmes tailored to meet those needs.
- Ensure that projects and milestones are delivered on time, to the highest quality standards, and meet/exceed donor expectations.
- Monitor and evaluate programme effectiveness and community member feedback to improve programme outcomes.
- Report on all activities and manage community information while ensuring databases are up-to-date.
- Develop assets that can be leveraged to inform and energize CfA’s partners, stakeholders, and community members about CfA’s community events and programmes, including creating detailed-oriented presentations, briefings, memos, and other communications.
- Create weekly and monthly community engagement plans.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following:
- At least 3 years of experience in community management or a related field, including organising and coordinating offline, online, and hybrid local and international events/community outreach
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and produce regular monitoring reports.
- Highly experienced in stakeholder engagement, with a proven ability to build relationships and engage with diverse audiences, including IoT practitioners, community members and donors/partners.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, for large and small groups, in-person and via phone or email.
- A strong understanding and deep interest in civic tech applications, including sensors, drones, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
- A genuine passion for environmental sustainability, urban growth, international development, and social justice.
- Able to work creatively and accurately under pressure, with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Experience working in the technology, non-profit, and/or media environments will be advantageous.
- An understanding of database management and familiarity with spreadsheets.
- Experience working with a multinational and fully remote organisation.
- Bilingual in English and French (spoken and written).
- Hold relevant undergraduate degrees in related fields such as Development Studies or STEM disciplines.
- Familiar with growth and impact metrics, as well as web analytics.