Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
FAQs: “kenya red cross jobs, kenya red cross salary range, kenya red cross management team, kenya red cross volunteer application, kenya red cross society logo, functions of kenya red cross, kenya red cross application form“
Table of Contents
Kenya Red Cross Society Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: Kenya Red Cross Society
- Closing Date : 13 January. 2023
- Support the County Coordinator to develop, implement, promote and oversee all youth activities across the county.
- Coordinate Youth Programming with the Youth committee at the county level.
- Inform, guide and enhance the participation of young people in the society.
- Ensure existence of a proper, well-functioning youth structure in the County.
- Identify the needs of the youth and others within the community and assist in developing programs that address these needs.
- Facilitate and support all the youth activities in consultation with the branch management and youth committee.
- Take leadership in membership recruitment as part of resource mobilization
- Maintain routine communication internally (KRCS’ Youth Office) for effective delivery and coordination of the programme.
- Prepare periodic programme update reports documenting programme progress against the set targets from the youth work plan.
- Monitor planned activities to ensure implementation constraints receive timely corrective actions.
- Support and strengthen the youth organizational capacity through the County Youth committee and branch management.
- Identify and map out potential and strategic partners to support youth activities Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from jobseekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
- Develop sustainable resource mobilization strategies in line with the KRCS resource mobilization strategies.
- Work with the County Coordinator to devise a communication and engagement strategy to advocate for youth empowerment agenda across the county.
- To oversee the implementation of youth programs across all Red Cross school clubs, Red Cross University/ College Chapters and other youth groups in the county.
- Ensure up-to-date records / database of all the youth leaders, youth members and youth volunteers across all the counties in the county
- Coordinate the implementation of joint youth development initiatives at the county level
- Identify risks to youth programming in the county and device mitigation strategies
- Creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting lessons
- learned, success stories and best practices, strategies, and approaches
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Social Sciences or in a related field from a recognized institution, and in-depth knowledge of the current youth development priorities in Kenya.
- Demonstrated experience in youth development work.
- Sound knowledge and skills in program planning and management.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively with administrative and community structures.
- Experience in implementation of programs in multi stakeholder’s environment.