Created in 2012, FSD Africa is a Â£30 million financial sector development programmes or ‘FSD’ based in Nairobi. It is funded by the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID). FSD Africa aims to reduce poverty across sub-Saharan Africa by building financial markets that are efficient, robust and inclusive.
FAQs: “FSD Africa Jobs, FSD Africa Careers, FSD Africa LinkedIn, FSD Africa 10-Year Anniversary, FSD Africa Wikipedia, FSD Africa Twitter, FSD Company, FSD Report“
Table of Contents
FSD Africa Kenya Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: FSD Africa
- Closing Date : 30 June. 2023
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ROLE REQUIREMENTS
Execution of the investment process, completing the necessary tasks in a timely and resourceful manner:
- Data collection, analysis and quality assurance
- Deal vetting, pipeline reporting, and preparation of investment proposals and documentation; includes proposal analysis and financial modelling
- Deal monitoring and deal closing activities, i.e. supporting the Senior Investment Manager with legal documentation, closing off Conditions Precedent amongst other tasks related to deal closing.
- Working on investment follow-ons, restructuring, and exits as required
- Production of zero-error financial models and other quality investment outputs that require minimal review by the Senior Investment Manager.
Market trend analysis
Ensure the Senior Investment Manager have the market intelligence information to make decisions on investments, and to report on investee performance and market building impact:
- Executing of FSDAi’s ESG, Safeguarding, Risk, and Valuation policies
- Taking the lead on analysis to implement the policies
- Producing high quality reports on policies for the investment team discussions and decisions
Investee reporting and monitoring and stakeholder engagement
Produce investee quarterly reports and engage with investee TA programme execution:
- Analysing financial, impact, risk, and ESG performance
- Actively engage in TA programme execution and monitoring, coordinating with FSDA teams and the FSD network
- Working closely with IM, as required, in interventions to support potential investments, such as feasibility study, sector analysis or co-creating/ designing an investment approach with FSDA or a potential investee
Engage and work with Senior Investment Managers as well as analysts in ensuring efficient use of staff and financial resources. Show initiative in continuing to improve and build on operational processes and procedures, reporting, and team engagement. Deliver tasks in a timely manner.
Carry out any other duties or special assignments as assigned by the Management.
Qualifications and Education
- Master’s Degree with 3 years or Bachelors Degree with 4 year of relevant and practical work experience, working in investment banking, financial advisory, development finance, or private equity.
Essential Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Sound and proven financial modelling, valuation and investment analysis
- Practical experience with ESG and risk monitoring
- Practical experience with the design and execution of technical assistance
- Practical experience with impact models in private investment
- Good communication skills and in particular power point presentations
- Enthusiastic, creative, ambitious, and willing to go the extra mile
- Passion for, and track record of economic and social development in Africa.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal supervision and interest and commitment to international development.