KNH has turned 115 years and it had its Centenary Celebration in 2001. The Hospital was built to fulfill the role of being a National Referral and Teaching Hospital, as well as to provide a medical research environment. Established in 1901 with a bed capacity of 40, KNH became a State Corporation in 1987 with a Board of Management and is at the apex of the referral system in the Health Sector in Kenya.
FAQs: “Kenyatta National Hospital Contacts, Kenyatta National Hospital Address, Kenyatta National Hospital Website, Kenyatta National Hospital Careers, Kenyatta National Hospital Departments, Kenyatta National Hospital Charges”“
Table of Contents
Kenyatta National Hospital Kenya Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: Kenyatta National Hospital
- Closing Date : 3 April. 2023
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Senior Principal, Health Care Quality Officer in provision of Quality Health care services in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide inputs for the update and policies and procedures for the Department;
- Participate in meetings related to Health Care quality at the ward/ department level;
- Respond to customer complaints;
- Respond to Health Care quality assignments in line with the Healthcare Quality divisional workplans;
- Implementing patient safety assignments in line with the approved Patient safety work plan;
- Implementing compliance to the relevant policies related to the mandate/ Health Care Quality work instructions;
- Assist in orientation training and in-service training to explain policies and work instructions related to Health Care Quality;
- Participate in research activities and clinical audits;
- Participate in Hospital Committees related to Health Care Quality;
- Sustain effective relationships with other departments to promote improvement of patient care;
- Giving feedback that informs opportunities of improvement as far as quality care is concerned;
- Participating in ensuring adherence to the standards and procedures.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBChor equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or any other health/ social science degree or from a recognized institution;
- Certificate of Registration with a relevant professional body where applicable;
- Valid practicing license from a relevant professional body where applicable;
- A minimum of at least three (3) years’ work experience