At Thunes we made it our mission and we work 24/7/365 to solve one of the world’s most pressing problems: making financial services global and accessible to everyone. We are currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
FAQs: “Thunes Headquarters, Thunes Funding, Thunes Cash Pick Up, Thunes Payments, Thunes Valuation, Thunes Access Bank, Thunes Tracking, Thunes Mobile Wallet….“
Table of Contents
Thunes Kenya Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: Thunes
- Closing Date : 31 March. 2023
The Network Development Manager – East Africa will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will be reporting to the VP Network Development & Management – MEA & Turkey based in Dubai, UAE. The primary responsibility of this role is to manage and develop East Africa Thunes Network partnerships.
The ideal candidate will be an individual who is self-motivated, possesses high energy and has a strong business acumen.
The incumbent will be focused on building and scaling Thunes Network partnerships with large, strategic financial partners including Mobile Wallet providers, Banks and Cash networks. They will be developing a well-functioning pay-out network in the Eastern Africa region to support the growth and development of Thunes global network.
Primary focus markets include Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, and Ethiopia.
- Manage live accounts and full sales cycle including generation of leads.
- Focus on best-in-class service delivery via Thunes partners in the region.
- Ensure methodical partner management rooted in KPIs.
- Leverage industry knowledge to craft thoughtful partnerships and product strategies with Network Partners, collaborating with business development and various stakeholders (including product, engineering, compliance, legal, and treasury).
- Gather inputs from and co-ordinates with internal stakeholders (including compliance, product, engineering, treasury) on creation and execution of partners strategy.
- Leverage significant industry experience to Thunes’ internal teams.
- Attend Industry events and follow-up on source leads.
- Ensure all specific reports and records are completed within timeframe, including utilization of CRM tool with precision.
- Provide timely feedback to line manager about performance, account management status and planned strategy for the region.
- Ensure satisfaction amongst existing accounts to achieve positive account retention and contractual health.
- Initiate and maintain strong working relationship with colleagues to ease communication channels and facilitate resolutions of issues.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree minimum.
- Has at least 10+ years of partnerships and business development experience working with Financial Institutions, Mobile Wallet Providers, Banks and payments companies across the region.
- Should have experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders, including compliance, legal, solutions delivery, and treasury.
- Strong negotiator and ambitious on what Thunes should try to do with their network partners and how Thunes create value and differentiation.
- Operationally focused, with an ability to see a deal through to success, far beyond signing, collaborating with internal teams through execution by using planning, metrics, and organizational structures.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize and guide teams through competing demands and complex problems.
- Represents Thunes and the brand excellently.