You might want to know some more information about the Banks in Ghana, as we have notice that most people ask;
Table of Contents
- 0.0.1 How Many Banks Are in Ghana 2020?
- 0.0.2 What Is the Biggest Bank in Ghana?
- 0.0.3 Which Bank Has the Lowest Loan Interest Rate in Ghana?
- 0.0.4 Which Bank in Ghana Is Good for Savings?
- 0.0.5 Which Bank in Ghana Gives the Highest Interest?
- 0.0.6 Which Bank Gives Maximum Interest in Savings Account?
- 0.0.7 Which Bank Gives the Highest Interest?
- 1 List of Banks in Ghana
How Many Banks Are in Ghana 2020?
Ghana’s banking and finance industry consists of 28 private banks. The Bank of Ghana serves as the country’s central monetary authority.
There are 23 commercial banks in Ghana, 4 Banks with representative offices only, and 1 other banks in Ghana as at March 2020.
What Is the Biggest Bank in Ghana?
GCB Bank Limited formally known as Ghana Commercial Bank is the largest bank in Ghana in terms of total operating assets and share of industry deposits, with 14.2% of total industry deposits.
Which Bank Has the Lowest Loan Interest Rate in Ghana?
Which Bank in Ghana Is Good for Savings?
Which Bank in Ghana Gives the Highest Interest?
For agriculture, NIB and Republic Bank offered the highest interest rate of 34.8% and 33.5 – 34.2% respectively, while NIB, again, and CAL Bank offered the expensive loans at rates of 29.5 – 34.3% and 29%, respectively in the agriculture and manufacturing sectors.
Which Bank Gives Maximum Interest in Savings Account?
|Overall Range of Interest Rates||3.5% p.a. to 7% p.a.|
|Highest rate for daily balance up to Rs.1 lakh||IndusInd Bank at the rate of 4% p.a.|
|Highest rate for all types of savings accounts||Axis Bank at the rate of 4% p.a.|
Which Bank Gives the Highest Interest?
Based on the fixed account comparison, Capitec once again offers the best interest-earning potential at 9.25%. This is closely followed by the upper end of the interest ranges of Absa at 9%, Nedbank at 8.16%, and FNB at 8.70%.
List of Banks in Ghana
Commercial Banks in Ghana
- Absa Bank Ghana Limited
- Access Bank Ghana Plc
- Agricultural Development Bank of Ghana
- Bank of Africa Ghana Limited
- CalBank Limited
- Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
- Ecobank (Ghana) Limited
- FBN Bank Ghana Limited
- Fidelity Bank Ghana Limited
- First Atlantic Bank Limited
- First National Bank Ghana
- GCB Bank Limited
- Guaranty Trust Bank Ghana Limited
- National Investment Bank Limited
- OmniBSIC Bank Ghana Limited
- Prudential Bank
- Republic Bank Ghana Limited
- Société Générale Ghana Limited
- Stanbic Bank Ghana Limited
- Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited
- United Bank for Africa Ghana Limited
- Universal Merchant Bank Limited
- Zenith Bank (Ghana) Limited.
Banks with Representative Offices Only
These banks maintain only representative offices in Ghana.
Below is a list of other banks in Ghana as at March 2020.