AEC Kenya supports entrepreneurs to grow their business to improve livelihoods and to create thriving communities. Founded in 2018, as the Kenya affiliate of the African Entrepreneur Collective, AEC Kenya has now worked with more than 5,000 entrepreneurs, providing a combination of training, consulting, access to finance, and market-level systems change. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Africa. AEC Kenya is a 50+ person company with 5 offices across Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa, Kakuma, Garissa, Dadaab). All of our services ensure that businesses in Kenya can thrive and contribute to the growth of Kenyas economy. In the past few years, weve had high-profile partnerships with Kenya Chamber of Commerce and Industry, UNHCR, RAS, International Finance Corporation, Mastercard Foundation, and more. AEC Kenya disbursed $2M USD to businesses across Kenya to support COVID-19 economic recovery, all while taking our content digital. In 2022, we are launching a new strategic plan to reach beyond what we have previously thought possible.
FAQs: “African Entrepreneur Collective Salary, African Entrepreneur Collective Kenya, African Entrepreneur Collective Careers, African Entrepreneur Collective Kenya Jobs, Aec Kenya Salaries, Job in Rwanda Inkomoko, Inkomoko Kenya“
Table of Contents
African Entrepreneur Collective (AEC) Kenya Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: African Entrepreneur Collective (AEC)
- Closing Date : 20 February. 2023
Business Development Support & Client Relationship Management (60% of time)
- Recruit idea-stage and existing micro and small businesses for the Inkomoko program
- Intake process of program entrepreneurs and conducting monthly site visits to assess business need and opportunities
- Support in conducting due diligence –basic knowledge in access to finance of micro & small businesses
- Provide informed, strategic, and realistic advice to help clients meet their objectives for business growth.
- Ongoing site visits to provide real-time coaching to existing business challenges and opportunities
- Connect clients to other Inkomoko services, including access to finance, advocacy and market linkages.
- Keep up-to-date the clients’ business information in an accurate manner using the applicable project management tools.
- Assist the training team to organize activities such focus group activities, refresher trainings, one on one consulting.
Location activities coordination and administration (30% time)
- Develop a good relationship with all partners and local authorities in and near their work location
- Represent Inkomoko in all relevant location events and other partner stakeholder activities as guided
- Assist other Inkomoko staff with all location mobilizations & sensitizations
- Assist the M&E team with surveys and data collection
- Support and coordinate with the MEL, training and admin teams on location activities
- Assist the Inkomoko Investment team to follow up with clients’ loan repayments
Communication & reporting (10%)
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on time
- Communicate program details to host & refugee clients, as requested by Inkomoko
- Communicate about any gaps/challenge faced by clients within the program
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates who will navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, resilience and imagination. Understanding of work setting, specifically in the position’s location. An understanding of other areas in Kakuma refugee camps will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Must have minimum, a Diploma or currently pursuing a course in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship or any other relevant field.
- 1+ years of work experience in business development services or applicable field
- Digital literacy (basic IT skills for Microsoft office, Excel, PPT)
- Relationship skills (coaching, listening, empathy, trust)
- Show personal drive, initiative and learning agility
- Excellent communicator in Swahili, English & a local language spoken in the respective location: Turkana language for Kalobeyei & Kakuma town, Nuer language for Kakuma four and Dinka/Arabic for Kakuma one.
- Basic financial management skills, is desirable.