The management of the Africa International University (AIU) has released the Application Criteria/Requirement for the Student of the institution.
The Africa International University, AIU Students applying to Undergraduates, Postgraduate, Diploma, Masters programs, etc must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for admission.
Table of Contents
Africa International University Admission Criteria
- Requires a minimum grade of C plain and above in KCSE
- Admission into a degree program at Africa International University will be based on the following minimum requirements:
- The minimum requirement of Grade C+ must be attained at the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) or its equivalent and additional requirements specified for each academic program,
- Applicants with a relevant diploma from an institution recognized by the University Senate.
- Admission and conduct of postgraduate programs shall be conducted under the provisions of the general postgraduate regulations.
- The following shall be eligible for admission into a postgraduate diploma program in the University:
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree from Africa International University and other Universities recognized by the AIU Senate,
- The postgraduate diploma programs in all schools shall extend over a period of at least 12 months from the date of registration and a maximum of 24 months.
The following shall be eligible for admission into a Master’s degree program in the University:
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree (Second Class Honours [Upper Division] or higher) from Africa International University or other universities recognized by the Africa International University Senate,
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree (Second Class Honours [Lower Division]) from Africa International University who have at least two years of relevant experience,
- Holders of a postgraduate diploma (credit level or higher) from Africa International University or other institutions recognized by the Africa International University Senate,
- In exceptional cases, Senate, on the recommendation of any of the schools, may admit to the Master’s program, applicants who do not hold a first degree, provided that such candidates, based on the research and academic work they have done, can demonstrate that they are well qualified to undertake postgraduate work.
- To be admitted to an AIU doctoral program, an applicant must hold a Masters’s degree from AIU or an institution recognized by the AIU Senate. Beyond the possession of a degree, the applicant must have a cumulative mean of at least a B in his/her Masters’s studies and must demonstrate ability in academic research. Specific program minimum requirements will apply.
- In exceptional cases, Senate, on the recommendation of any of the schools, may admit to the doctorate program, applicants who do hold a Master’s degree, provided that such candidates, on the basis of the research, professional and academic work they have done, can demonstrate that they are well qualified to undertake doctoral work.
For more information about AIU requirements/criteria, simply drop a comment below and assistance will be given to you within 48hrs.