FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy. The Organization provides this kind of assistance to help people and nations help themselves. In a complex world of competing needs, FAO provides a neutral meeting place and the background knowledge needed to reach consensus
FAQs: “FAO Jobs, FAO Email, FAO Internship, FAO Wikipedia, FAO Members, FAO Statistics, FAO Data, FAO Full Form“
Table of Contents
FAO Kenya Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: FAO
- Closing Date : 28th April 2023
The consultant will report to the Senior Policy Officer/Programme Manager and work in close collaboration with members of other RAF Programme Areas of Work.
The consultant will contribute to the activities and outputs of PPA-205: Transparent Markets and Trade, providing technical support to FAO member countries for effective formulation of trade policies and participation in trade negotiations through the provision of the evidence base, capacity development and facilitation of fora for policy dialogue.
Tasks And Responsibilities
In close collaboration with all team members the consultant is expected to:
- Advise and provide support to implement the Malabo declaration and the AfCFTA in the agricultural and food sector.
- Support activities to develop trade-related activities and project proposals based on evidence and analytical findings.
- Analyse relevant data and information, synthesize literature, and support the preparation of knowledge products such as working papers, technical notes and briefs on agricultural trade policy and trade negotiations in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Plan and execute activities with regard to the design and implementation of agricultural trade policies and contribute to the formulation and delivery of trade-related support under various projects.
- Assist with preparing communication products related to agricultural trade.
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Agribusiness, Public Policy, Agricultural Sciences or related field.
- At least seven years of relevant experience with trade policy analysis, inter-governmental coordination on trade and markets issues and research institutions or international organizations.
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and limited knowledge (level B) of one of the other FAO Official languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish. For PSA, working knowledge of English.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work.
- Extent and relevance of experience in trade policy analysis.
- Experience with advising governments and/or agricultural sector stakeholders on trade and markets issues.
- Extent and relevance of experience in project formulation and technical backstopping and leading multidisciplinary teams for technical implementation.
- Capacity to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and present ideas and recommendations in a clear and understandable manner.
- Computer literacy with Word, PowerPoint and basic spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills