The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
FAQs: “Save the Children Jobs, Save the Children Scandal, Is Save the Children a Good Charity, Save the Children History, Save the Children Ceo Salary, Save the Children Address, Save the Children Portal, Save the Children Projects”“
Table of Contents
Save the Children Kenya Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: Save the Children
- Closing Date : 29 March. 2023
Save the Children is in the middle of its ambitious 2022 – 2024 strategic plan that looks to significantly increase our digital engagement with new and existing supporters to achieve our programmatic and advocacy goals.
Both raising funds and engaging with our supporters through campaigning in digital channels are key to delivering the strategy.
This role sits within the Transformation Delivery team which is responsible for the delivery of projects across Save the Children with a focus on providing Project and Change. This role will also work very closely with the Digital Public Engagement Team, a virtual team, which provides strategic support, specialist digital technical guidance and digital communications to our 27+ Members, most of them in Asia, Oceania, Europe and the Americas. This team also focuses on reaching out to new audiences and engaging with them in non-member markets…
The SCI Website is a very important digital platform for Save the Children to engage and communicate with the public, to drive campaign support and fundraising, and provide partners, suppliers, jobseekers and peers with key information and resources from our organisation and its experts. The platform of Save the Children International’s website is currently on an older version of Drupal which is reaching its end of life and so needs to be moved onto a newer version as part of a redevelopment project, which this role will play a big part in.
The functionality and content within the website needs to be upgraded to better enable Save the Children’s Global Digital Engagement function to meet its strategic objectives. The redevelopment of the SCI Website aims to drive an increased number of people to the website, provide a fluid user experience and in turn lead to an increased number of engaged supporters, donations, brand awareness, and campaign support. The Project is due to be initiated at the beginning of 2023 and is expected to take approximately 16 months.
During the website redevelopment project and beyond, the global website editor is primarily responsible for supporting the new website Senior Project manager and the migration of content from SCI existing website (which includes the fundraising and petition platform) to the new one. This role will also be supporting existing website content edition and run quick technical fixes.
The post holder works will report directly to the Website redevelopment Senior Project Manager and work collaboratively with the, Digital Communications Manager, Non-Member markets digital manager, SCI Web Developer, as well as other business functions at SCI that use the SCI global website as a communications tool.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in managing websites, including the more technical areas: set up of Metadata following SEO best practices, broken links fixes, set up of redirections, etc.
- Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality, impact driven digital assets targeting a range of audiences Exceptional written communication skills in English, with a proven ability to distil large amounts of information; skills in other languages would be an advantage.
- High level of attention to detail. Copy proofreading experience.
- Can work well in a team
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders, support their needs and manage expectations
- Significant ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt work plans flexibly depending on external opportunities.
- A willingness to travel to support relevant events as required
- Experience working with Drupal CMS
- French proficiency
- A self-starter using initiative to see opportunities to achieve objectives in this role
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft products
- Ability to articulate the work of Save the Children with passion
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, with an ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple demands and competing priorities, while maintaining high quality standards.
- Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity