The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
FAQs: “Save the Children Jobs, Save the Children Scandal, Is Save the Children a Good Charity, Save the Children History, Save the Children Ceo Salary, Save the Children Address, Save the Children Portal, Save the Children Projects”“
Table of Contents
Save the Children Kenya Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: Save the Children
- Closing Date : 28 March. 2023
This role will be in charge of implementing and evaluating the curriculum in Alternative Basic Education centres and impart knowledge, skills, develop personality and character to children in Dadaab refugee camp through the Education in Emergencies project implemented through a partnership with ECHO under a consortium led by Save the Children. The teachers will ensure quality teaching and learning through training of refugee teachers, mentorship and quality monitoring. The teachers will be based in the SCI ABE centres and provide support in developing professional documents and delivery of lessons, administer competency exams and oversee the lessons delivery and train other teachers on CBC.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Reports to: Education officer.
- Contract Duration: 9 months
- Location: Daadab
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develop teaching/ learning resources for effective and motivating lessons
- Keep all school records and use them to improve performance
- To prepare all professional records for curriculum implementation
- Train and support children in co-curricular activities
- Participate in curriculum review
- Conduct continuous assessment tests and terminal exams, mark and record
- Support in developing work plan for capacity building of volunteer teachers
- Develop school time tables with the support of volunteer teachers
- Ensure that the learning activities are implemented in accordance with the NFE curriculum.
- Ensure all lessons are conducted as per the ministry of education guidelines
- Ensure project activities are implemented in the most efficient, effective and sustainable manner
- Train and capacity build stakeholders on governance and positive discipline
- Support Education officers in effective and efficient distribution of textbooks and other instructional materials to the posted schools
- Train volunteer teachers in new teaching pedagogy that are responsive to current trends in Education
- Assist untrained incentives teachers develop basic theoretical and practical knowledge about teaching
- Develop in the teacher the ability to communicate effectively
Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Ensure that school based monitoring data and information is collated regularly and made available to Education Officer and MEAL officer
- Assist the Education officer in preparation of continuous assessment progress reports termly manner for internal and external use
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Responsible for proper management of classroom resources issued for promoting teaching/learning environment i.e textbooks, teaching aids, desks and other materials
- Accountable for keeping proper accurate lists of books issued to students and ensure school authority is kept aware
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves teachers/head teachers, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Establish good working relationship with respective BOMs, parents, community leaders and partners.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the education team, other colleagues, volunteer teachers and head teachers.
- Foster good teacher-learner-parent/caregiver/guardian relations
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions on digital education
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Safety and Security:
- In close collaboration with the Safety and Security focal point person proactively monitor the political, military and security situation at local level and regularly report on its potential impact on SC’s activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- P1 certificate holder with TSC certificate.
- ECDE/Primary diploma holder with TSC certificate
- Experience and in-depth understanding of CBC and non-formal education system.
- Soft skills in handling disciplinary and truancy cases involving learners by use of non-violent means such as counselling and guidance.
- Knowledge of education in emergencies, education sector policy, child rights and protection issues
- Positive attitude towards community work with emphasis on the ability to learn from communities and support participatory, innovative approaches to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all children and their carers
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
- High level of motivation and enthusiasm for education
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills at school level
- Local language and contexts
- Experience of working with communities and other agencies that support education