PKF firms in Eastern Africa are among the leading firms of accountants and business advisers. PKF in Eastern Africa is represented in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia and Somalia/Somaliland and through its associated firms in Ethiopia and Southern Sudan.
FAQs: “PKF international, PKF Nigeria, PKF internship, PKF ranking, PKF careers, PKF little john agar, PKF accountants, PKF francis clark“
Table of Contents
PKF firms Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: PKF firms
- Closing Date : 23 January. 2023
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of leadership and guidance in the development, acquisition, and evaluation of germplasm aimed at producing high-yielding, disease-tolerant seed varieties. The job holder will be responsible for developing and implementing plant-breeding programs and undertaking collaborative research with other research institutions.
- Oversee the development, evaluation, and release of maize, wheat, oil crop, millet, sorghum, and pasture varieties for Kenya, East, and Central Africa region.
- Coordination of collection, collation, analysis, and interpretation of appropriate data from crop experiments undertaken.
- Registration of Company varieties of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa catalogue for sale.
- Maintenance and supply of breeder’s seeds for maize, wheat, oil crop, millet, sorghum, and pasture varieties.
- Screen various seed dressing products, herbicides, insecticides, and fungicides in order to apply corrective measures for biotic and abiotic plant stresses.
- Description of released varieties of terms of distinctiveness, uniformity and stability.
- Development and implementation of plant breeding programs and ensuring phytosanitary protocols are established and followed for maximum crop productivity and seed health.
- Coordinate identification and leasing of appropriate and adequate research land within and outside the Company for Research programs.
- Undertake collaborative research with other research institutions.
- Monitoring of seed technology trends through regular attendance and presentation to international bodies, conferences and workshops.
- Representing the Company in the development and harmonization of seed rules forums conducted by Seed Traders of Kenya and others.
- Implementation of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System in the department.
- Development and assignment of performance targets to staff and appraisal of staff performance annually.
- Oversee implementation of agreed work plans and attainment of performance targets by staff in the department.
- Submit released Company crop varieties for registration for protection purposes Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Services and foster Intellectual Property Rights issues through the Plant Breeders Association of Kenya.
- Spearhead the implementation and utilization of the departmental approved budget.
- Coordinate delivery of approved breeders’ seeds of various crops to the Basic Seed Unit.
- Preparation of departmental technical reports and board papers as required.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Plant Breeding or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Plant Breeding, Agriculture, Botany, Crop Science or any related field from a recognized University.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience with five (5) years in a managerial position.
- Must have released at least three (3) seed varieties.
- A leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer applications.
- Must demonstrate leadership and excellent communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and work in a multicultural environment.