One Acre Fund is a nonprofit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty.
FAQs: ” one acre fund jobs kakamega, one acre fund greenhouse jobs, one acre fund duka, jobs, one acre fund salary nairaland, one acre fund application form, one acre fund jobs, near kisii, one acre fund salary scale kenya, one acre fund jobs in kenya”“
Table of Contents
One Acre Fund Kenya Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: One Acre Fund
- Closing Date : 8 June. 2023
The role of the Microinsurance & Climate Resilience Associate is to help lead our efforts to develop climate safety nets for smallholder farmers. This includes support in coordinating all of our insurance work, assessing and improving our insurance offerings, and developing and maintaining relationships with important actors in the insurance space (brokers, primary insurers, re-insurance companies, donors, banks, governments, and other interested third parties). The focus of your work will be to support the design and management of One Acre Fundʼs farmer insurance portfolio to provide a reliable safety net in the event that climatic conditions or personal tragedy lead to major shocks in farmer households. Currently, such products include area yield index insurance, satellite-based soil moisture index products and funeral and hospital cash insurance. But you will also touch on future field-facing insurance products such as livestock or flood insurance; and high-level insurance policies against OAF organizational risks. You will also have scope to work on other interventions that support farmer and OAF resilience to climate risks.
You will report to One Acre Fund’s Risk and Resilience Manager and support One Acre Fund leadership to understand the full landscape of insurance products that are relevant to us. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support product design to help different country programs decide what insurance policies may be best for their clients. This work includes designing and testing different options, developing policies and terms, contracting with 3rd party providers, and supporting field teams to operationalize these products by collaborating on procedures, training, and marketing.
- Manage project work streams of the insurance team and keep our daily work going in order for us to hit project targets and milestones.
- Work with teams around the organization to explore radical models of insurance or other “safety net” mechanisms, potentially including policy work or partnership with governments.
- Collaborate with field teams to set up insurance or safety net pilots and understand farmersʼ perceptions of climate-related risk, levels of resilience, and basic needs corresponding to different levels of shock.
- Stay up to date with programs around the world and use this information to influence best practices in One Acre Fundʼs strategy.
- Evaluate risks related to, and insurance against, global organizational risks like assets, currency, repayment
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of work experience in insurance, finance, management consulting, or similar.
- Experience with project management, insurance and actuarial or data science.
- Experience in project management with a range of different partners.
- Advanced Excel (can perform complex functions). Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA) or programming languages such as Python.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.