The Riara Food Court Vacancies – restaurant job vacancies 2023, restaurant jobs in Nairobi 2023, Pullman hotel Nairobi job vacancies, Pullman hotel job vacancies, waitress jobs in Westlands Nairobi 2023, Pullman hotel jobs, the hub Karen job opportunities, Movenpick job vacancies Nairobi…
Table of Contents
Riara Food Court is a restaurant based along Riara Road in Kilimani, Nairobi. We are looking to hire a well-experienced Chef responsible for ensuring that the standard and quality of the food production and hygiene is maintained at the highest level at all times. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach, attention to detail, and a positive work attitude.
- Position(s): Chef
- Job Type: Full Time
- Closing Date: 7th May
- Location: Nairobi
- Company Name: Riara Food Court
- Prepare food/beverages of the required quality and quantity at the right time.
- Work within existing food health and safety guidelines at work.
- Requisition of stock, materials, supplies, or equipment (maintain records on a daily basis)
- Ensure that high standards of hygiene and health are maintained in the kitchen.
- Ability to work independently and manage a team at the restaurant.
- Ensure that all equipment used is in safe working order, checked regularly, and serviced.
- Report customer compliments and complaints immediately to the management where necessary.
- Maintaining safety standards throughout all food preparation and storage areas.
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Maintain the inventory record of all kitchen supplies
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Delegate duties to the kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
- Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss
Requirements and Qualifications
- Diploma/A certificate in hotel and catering management or food and beverage from a recognized institution.
- Must have a valid medical certificate/ food handlers’ medical certificate.
- Should have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the catering industry (including pastries and beverages)
- Proficiency in computer applications & record keeping.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure; (weekends and public holidays) with minimal supervision.
- Experience of high volume catering in a busy workplace preferably.