World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
FAQs: “World Vision Kenya Jobs, World Vision Kenya Management Team, World Vision Branches in Kenya, World Vision Jobs, Urgent Mass Recruitment by World Vision, World Vision Projects, World Vision Kenya Internship, World Vision Kenya Login“
Table of Contents
World Vision Kenya Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: World Vision Kenya
- Closing Date : 15 February. 2023
The Senior Grant Accountant is the primary point of contact under the line manager supervision when it comes to providing finance technical support throughout the life cycle of a project. The position holder will be responsible for ensuring compliance to donor regulations and relevant policies for both World Vision and the Implementing agencies. S/he will provide support such as budgeting; reporting; internal & external audits; expenditure verification; risk management; capacity assessment & performance tracking of the Implementing partner as well as timely funding of partner requests; posting verified data into SUN System and ensuring balance sheet items are reconciled and up to date. The position holder will be required to have excellent analytical skills; keenness to detail & accuracy; vast experience in managing UN, EU and other multilateral and government funded grants/contracts; grants with multicurrency and dealing with both International and local NGOs.
- Financial Reporting and Accountability
- Budget Management & Control
- Policy Management & Internal Control
- Risk Management & Internal Control
- Record Keeping & Other Finance Duties
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in a business related field (Accounting, Finance) or another relevant field.
- Accounting professional qualification- Chartered/Certified Accountant finalist- (CPA, ACCA) or other comparable/equivalent qualification.
- Over 5 years working experience managing donor funded grant and/or Contracts.
- Working experience with UNICEF, SHF, EU, WFP, DRA, Irish Aid and other government multilateral funded grants is desired.
- Experience managing contracts will be an added advantage.
- Experience in working with partner organizations (INGOs and LNGOs) and subgrants management.
- Experience in proposal development and negotiating the same with partner agencies and donors.
- Demonstrated success in achieving results under challenging implementation circumstances.
- Sound knowledge of project management cycle.
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing financial documents, projections, expenditures and accruals.
- Fragile context experience is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Computer applications (Excel, Sun systems, Word etc.)