Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) is a Japanese Non-Governmental Organization established in 1996. PWJ has been providing humanitarian and development assistance for people affected by forced displacement and natural disasters in more than 20 countries in the world. PWJ launched its mission in Kenya in 2012 and has been implementing projects funded by UN agencies and the government of Japan in shelter, WASH and youth development to improve living environments of refugee and host populations while promoting peaceful coexistence and self-reliance in the communities in Dadaab, Kakuma and Kalobeyei.
FAQs: “Peace Winds Japan Jobs, Peace Winds Japan Kenya Office, Peace Winds Japan Kenya Address, Peace Winds Japan Nairobi, Peace Winds Japan Kakuma, Peace Winds Japan Salary, Peace Winds Kenya Contacts, Peace Winds Japan Dadaab“
Table of Contents
Peace Winds Japan Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: Peace Winds Japan
- Closing Date : 29 January. 2023
Reporting to the Water supply assistant, the field monitor will be responsible for the monitoring of the day to day water supply at the community and timely reporting of any emerging issues to the supervisor. He/she will provide an overall liaison role in water supply by linking the community,community leaders and the organization. He/she will ensure prompt communication to the community leaders and community on any delay or unavailability of water in the neighborhood or block.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitoring of EST’s and water access points
- Supervision of gate valve operators to ensure timely water supply to the community.
- Water quality monitoring at household level and at tap stand levels.
- Monitoring routine maintenance and servicing of Boreholes.
- Boreholes data management and BH/EST compound maintenance.
- Monitoring water supply in School; institutions & agencies within the camp.
- Community liaison focal person through Water committees and community leaders.
- Conduct water supply outreach awareness by open campaigns or community Barajas on water management and hygiene.
- Raise community awareness on water issues relevant to the community
- Identify community water issues; needs & problems; & help resolve water conflicts.
- Linkage for block leaders; school; agencies & institutions in water supply monitoring.
- Carryout capacity building for incentive staff and water committees.
- Work together with WASH committees, community leadership in the field in identification of problematic areas, water reticulation systems with a view of providing a durable solution.
- Collaborate with other agencies’ staff in the field during inter agency meetings and field discussions.
- Ensure filing of supporting documentations .
- Reporting of field activities on a daily,weekly and monthly basis.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the team lead.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma in social sciences or water supply technology.
- Certificate in Microsoft office
- Good computer analytical skills
- Background work in humanitarian setting with 2 years relevant experience for diploma holders and 3 years experience for certificate holders.
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes
- Experience in handling multiple project sites is preferable
- Leadership and mentorship skills
- Ability to work independently with good reporting skills
- Results oriented individual, team player and uphold integrity
- Ability to effectively communicate and deal with team members
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to adopt in a highly changing environment
- Strong leadership, management skills
- Motorcycle riding skills and possession of a valid driving Licence will be an added advantage.
How to Apply the Peace Winds Japan
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email