The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the UN agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
The Urban Economy Branch of UN-Habitat has the mandate to promote local capabilities of local governments to develop financial instruments to keep pace with the demands of rapid urbanization. The Urban Economy Branch has the mandate to promote plans and provide support for more efficient, socially inclusive, better integrated and connected cities that foster sustainable urban development.
FAQs: “UN-Habitat Jobs, Un Habitat Internship, UN-Habitat UK, UN-Habitat Members, UN-Habitat Wikipedia, UN-Habitat Report, UN-Habitat Mission“
Table of Contents
UN-Habitat Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: UN-Habitat
- Closing Date : 15 January. 2023
Under Work Package 3, the consultant will compile climate change, urban planning, and vulnerability assessment tools with the intention to digitalize and disseminate them in alignment with UN-Habitat’s Capacity Building Strategy at a later stage.
Building on the already developed in-person, facilitated and online Urban EBA training course, the proposal wishes to replicate the Urban EBA training in 3 LDC/SIDS cities of one region.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultancy is located in the Climate Change and Urban Environment Team of the Programme Development Branch. Under the overall guidance of the Subprogram me Coordinator of the Climate Change and Urban Environment Team, and direct supervision by the Programme Management Officer for Climate Change, the consultancy will involve the following typical main duties leading to the ultimate requested outputs:
- Assess and synthesize existing climate change, urban planning, and vulnerability assessment tools with the intention to digitalize and disseminate them in alignment with UN-Habitat’s Capacity Building Strategy at a later stage.
- Develop the training programme to pilot the Urban EBA tool through training in LDC and SIDS (3 new cities in one region).
- A degree in urban planning, environmental science, environmental policies, climate change, or related field is required.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in climate resilience, climate adaptation and nature-based solutions is required
- Proven experience in climate and development methodologies and analytical research and experience in planning and facilitating training is required.
- Strong communications skills are required.
- Experience on projects in the developing world is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in other UN languages is an advantage.