Equality Now is a non-governmental organization founded in 1992 whose purpose is to, in its own words, work “for the protection and promotion of the human rights of women and girls around the world”.
FAQs: “Equality Now Kenya Jobs, Equality Now Jobs, Equality Now Staff, Equality Now Nairobi, Equality Now Location, Equality Now Organization, Equality Now Board, Equality Now Criticism“
Table of Contents
Equality Now Kenya Programme Advert
- Location: Kenya
- Company: Equality Now
- Closing Date : 28 February. 2023
Are you passionate about human rights, motivated to make the world a better place for women and girls and willing to use communications and media skills to influence change? Equality Now is offering a great opportunity for someone to take up a Regional Communications Assistant role with our Communications Team in the Africa Regional Office.
As a valued member of the team, you will apply your existing skills and experience whilst developing your skill set. The role will cover advocacy campaigning; communications content creation; event management and public relations – using multiple communications channels to bring about change.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Regional Communications Manager for Africa & MENA, the Regional Communications Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
- Help to implement internal and external communications strategies and projects.
- Assist in the development of concept notes, event and content planners for program activities and activities in line with the communications strategy.
- Assist in conducting research and developing products for key message distribution as needed.
- Ahead of partner trainings and launch events, assist in the development of communications and media training plans, invitations, and agendas.
- Assist in the preparation of contractor TORs and contracts on a need’s basis.
- Support in the curation of media and digital plans for key communications activities related to various program objectives.
- Working in tandem with the regional communications team, be the activity coordinator for Africa’s editorial and content calendar.
- Contribute to editorial planning in the medium and short-term.
- Regularly update media contact lists.
Day to day activities
- Take responsibility for responding to inbound in-mail requests for key countries in the region.
- Assist in the development of key media assets such as press releases, pitches, and blogs as needed.
- Assist in sharing media invites and organizing media interviews with Equality Now staff in line with planned activities. This may include assisting with the development of briefing notes and quotes.
- Assist in the creative development of high-impact social media strategies in line with various Africa-led digital campaigns.
- Lead in planning virtual events including webinars, virtual launches, Twitter chats and Twitter spaces.
- Lead in the development of social media toolkits and assist in designing digital collateral for use by partner organizations and key stakeholders.
- Assist with logging case studies and other gathered communication content for study reports
- Participate in content gathering trips as needed.
- Ensure the Africa communications work plan is up-to-date.
- Arrange logistics for stakeholder trainings and events, including media-related travel.
- Lead in the development of a reports and minutes for the communications monthly team meetings
- 1–2 years of working in communications
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- A demonstrable interest in human rights campaigning.
- An interest in communications and external relations
- Demonstrable experience in using social media and digital platforms for communications and advocacy.
- IT literate, with experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to undertake research tasks independently.
- Positive attitude, dependable and good sense of humour
- University degree or equivalent
- Should be creative and innovative.
- Should be enterprising and solution driven.
- An understanding of and commitment to Equality Now’s work and objectives.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in using various social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Previous experience writing high-quality copy.
- Previous experience leading social media campaigns and engagements.
- Good understanding of running social media channels.
- Basic graphic design knowledge.