The KNEC Vacancies – KNEC salary scales, KNEC shortlisted candidates 2022, KNEC news 2022, KNEC vacancies 2022, KNEC job vacancies 2022, KNEC portal, KNEC examiners jobs, KNEC casual jobs…
Table of Contents
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is a state corporation established through an Act of Parliament (CAP 225A, Laws of Kenya) repealed by Kenya National Examinations Council Act no. 29 of 2012, revised in 2016 and amended in 2017 KNEC is responsible for overseeing national examinations in Kenya.
- Position(s): Several
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary
- Deadline: 21st May.
- Company Name: Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC)
KNEC seeks to recruit a self-driven, results-oriented, dynamic, innovative, and robust Chief Executive Officer to continue with and sustain the strategic and transformative change management process.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to the position of Chief Executive Officer, a person must possess:
- Kenyan Citizenship.
- A Bachelors Degree and a Masters degree in Education or any other field relevant to the mandate of the Council from a recognized university.
- At least ten (10) years experience in matters pertaining to education, training, research, policy formulation and procedures of government.
- Thorough knowledge of the structural legislative and regulatory framework for administering education and examinations in Kenya or the East African Community partner states.
- Skills in analyzing and re-engineering operations and procedures with strong knowledge in ICT and media management.
- Ability and experience in financial management and prudent utilization of resources.
- Strong leadership qualities, a track record of innovation and creativity with the ability to manage sustainable transformative change.
- A dynamic and strategic mind with a passion for performance and the ability to motivate teams and deliver measurable performance outputs.
- Demonstrable experience in transformative and strategic leadership; and The requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
- Expertise in curriculum conceptualization, development, and evaluation.
- Ability to portray and uphold a positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Firm, fair, and transparent management style.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Council, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the Council’s decisions in a timely manner in order to achieve the Council’s goals, objectives, and agreed performance targets:
In addition, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for among other things:
- The day to day management of KNEC;
- Managing strategic and sustainable transformative change at KNEC;
- Implementing corporate strategic plans and policies;
- Providing leadership in accordance with the requirements of the Kenya National Examinations Council Act no. 29 of 2012, revised in 2016 and amended in 2017;
- Efficient, effective, and transparent management of examinations in accordance with the Act and Government policies;
- Managing the affairs and transactions of KNEC; and
- Exercising and discharging the objective and functions, and the general administration of the Council;
In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined above, detailed key tasks will be agreed upon between the successful candidate and the Council.
The Chief Executive Officer shall hold office for a duration of five (5) years and will be eligible for re-appointment for one (1) further term subject to a satisfactory performance appraisal by the Council.
How to Apply
Each application shall be accompanied by;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of relevant academic and professional certificates
- National Identity Card or Passport
- Colored passport size photograph, and other relevant supporting documents with a minimum of three (3) referees.
- Scanned copies of these documents must accompany the email application.
Applicants must also submit clearance from the following institutions:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Credit Reference Bureau
All applications shall be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top
THINGS TO NOTE:
Application for the position of Chief Executive Officer’ and addressed to:
Kenya National Examinations Council,
Mitihani House, Dennis Pritt Road,
and NOT at the KNEC Offices at the National Housing Corporation (NHC) Building, Aga Khan Walk in the Central Business District.
In addition, an electronic version in PDF format of the application and all supporting documents should be sent to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Kenya National Examinations Council is an equal opportunity employer.